3G usb modem for Adam

raja52

Mar 10, 2011
I have a Tata DOCOMO 3g usb modem (MF631- manufactured by ZTE) which works fine on on Mac or Windows based laptop/desktop.
1) When I use this on Adam by connecting on the USB port, it is not recognized and nothing happens. The light on the modem shows blue. I have hunted for any generic driver in the web but could not find any. Is there any good driver that will work for this?

2) I removed the SIM card from this modem and inserted in the SIM slot of Adam. The SIM is recognized, signal strength bars are shown but the E or 3g signal icon is not visible. Even though I am able to send SMS, I am not able to browse the internet. I had set the APN parameters as recommended by the ISP. (BTW, I have a 3G enabled SIM from the same ISP on my Nexus One phone which works fine on Adam). I suspect some minor setting should make the modem sim work. Can any one throw some light on this please?

Even though I have contacted the ISP's support they do not appear to be competent and Adam is new to them (India).

Any help is appreciated!

bradjshannon

Apr 11, 2011
I have a verizon usb modem and need drivers for it, as well. I think it will be a while before somebody makes them forthis tablet, sadly. If I knew anything about driver coding I would play around with it.

Sent from my Adam PixelQi Wifi using Android Tablet Forum