59.99 white pandigitals at Kohl's

DaHarder

Aug 2, 2010
I guess I got lucky... The Kolh's located in Centennial Hills/Las Vegas had 3 in stock.

I bought two to give out as birthday gifts for the in-laws next month.

Thanks for the tip.

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
So I called my local Kohls and they said they sent them all back. I called one a little further away and they said they had one 6" model for 74.99 or so. Any idea what the 6" model is? I don't see any references to it in this forum. Are there custom android ROM's for it?

Thanks

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I got mine rooted and running full android using version 3 found here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...6-8-20-versions-market-volume-hack-built.html and its working great! for 60 dollars its amazing. I also installed button savior so i can have easy buttons and i installed a power off app to make turning it off easier. if you dont know how to install the custom firmware read post 10 in the thread i already listed.

Twivel i dont know what the 6 inch one is but maybe someone else does.

bjorke

Jan 5, 2011
The Kohl's in Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley) had a stack of them, stocked among the picture frames. They are still marked on the rack as $199 but price check came up as $59!

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
As it turns out, the 6" model is the Sharper Image Literati e-reader. No clue if there are custom ROM's for turning it into a generic tablet.
--
Brian

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
i called every Kohls within 30 miles of home and found non i visited another one that's about 75 miles from my house while i was out doing stuff for work today and no go. Congrats to those who lucked out on this deal

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
well feverhost go pick it up then :) i have told all of my family covering three states and they havent been able to find one yet

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
... is it really that good;worth $60?

I want to save up $350 and get a super-charged tablet :p

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
well i mean if your saving up for something better then i guess not but it is definitely worth 60 dollars and who knows you might even be able to turn around and sell it for 80 or even 100 when you install android on it

jmlivingston

Nov 17, 2010
I got the last one from the Aliso Viejo store, Ladera Ranch didn't have any.

So I called my local Kohls and they said they sent them all back. I called one a little further away and they said they had one 6" model for 74.99 or so. Any idea what the 6" model is? I don't see any references to it in this forum. Are there custom android ROM's for it?

Thanks

As it turns out, the 6" model is the Sharper Image Literati e-reader. No clue if there are custom ROM's for turning it into a generic tablet.
--
Brian

The Aliso Viejo store had 2 different 6" ereaders. One was the Literati, the other was a 6" Pandigital that had an eInk screen like the Kindle or Nook. Both were about $75 I think.

John

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
Thank you so much for the tip on this sale. We were able to pick two up today at this sale price in SLC. I even got $20 off the first one because I had some Kohl's dollars to use. Can't wait to fiddle around with it. Anyone know how to get the updates for Android 2.2 on it?

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
For those of you who cannot find this deal at your local Kohls, I did have this thought. BestBuy will price match, so if you could bring some kind of proof to them regarding the white Pandigital Novel at $59, they will honor that price. It's worth a try.

indiandevil

Oct 29, 2010
got one, nice machine. feel, touch. there are couple in branford store in CT. will not root this device. for 64$ let it be the book reader.