7' Android/2.1 /hdmi TC89002 / NO MARKET AND FILE EXPLORER

zapper

Jul 27, 2010
Can someone Help Me my new 7' android tablet I just ordered didn't have MARKET or File Explorer installed Can someone Please Help me...

How do I install File explorer on here ...And whats the webiste on where I can get free app for android....
Please help..I THINK I GOT RIPPED OFF..

vanwinklec

Aug 10, 2010
What you need to do is install the android sdk from here Android SDK | Android Developers once you have done that use it to install the usb drivers. Once those are installed, you need to access your tablet using adb and you can then install .apk from your computer onto your device. http://augendev.wikispaces.com/Adb+for+beginners. one thing that took me awhile to figure out is that once you're in CMD you need to "cd" (change directory) until you are in the SDK tools folder, then you can use adb and install apk's such as the slideme marketplace "http://m.slideme.org/application/slideme-marketplace" or andapp store

Edit: Oh and if you don't want to do this every time you do a complete reset on your device you can use this command and it should help
adb push some_app_you_like.apk /system/app/
or something close to that. I did this in order to make sure that every full reset i get the slideme.apk to reinstall so that i would always have it.

Last edited:

Braddock

Sep 19, 2010
Hello All,

I am hoping one of you can provided some insight as to what I am seeing. FYI, the following is the tablet I purchased:

Cheap $229.99 Android 2.1 Opad G88 - Goolge WiFi Tablet PC MID - OPad-G88

First off, I can not reset my device to factory. Once I go into the settings and select the option to restore to factory settings, the device just powers down. When I power the device back up, it still has all of my user-defined settings.

Also, I can not download any apps from the android market. All downloads hang at the downloading phase and never progress. I have read several forums and have been unable to remedy the problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Braddock

Sep 19, 2010
I was able to solve the downloading of market apps after reading the Android Market Fix for TCC8902 Tablets forum. Very cool:)

I am still unable to reset the device to factory setting, but at this point I don't need to since I fixed the initial issue of not being able to install market apps.