7" Black Pandigital specific market?

WiredAnim

Dec 22, 2010
I'm glad the USB and apps worked thats great.

Yeah blocker is a great game I play it on my Evo all the time. If I come across anything like it I'll let you know. I'll see what I can find out about Aldiko and the pages getting cut off. The Novel isn't mine so I'm not sure if it is having the same issue or not. I don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on it though.

I may see if I can find any other ebook reading apps and post them for you to try if nothing else. I couldn't get kindle to work when I was setting this one up and there was one other that wouldn't but I'm not sure of the name.

You may look into the "Volume Hack" for the Novel it removes the bottom nav bar and makes your volume up and down key, menu and back. I think it would fix the issue but I'm not sure. Anyways, good luck.

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
I'm glad the USB and apps worked thats great.

Yeah blocker is a great game I play it on my Evo all the time. If I come across anything like it I'll let you know. I'll see what I can find out about Aldiko and the pages getting cut off. The Novel isn't mine so I'm not sure if it is having the same issue or not. I don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on it though.

I may see if I can find any other ebook reading apps and post them for you to try if nothing else. I couldn't get kindle to work when I was setting this one up and there was one other that wouldn't but I'm not sure of the name.

You may look into the "Volume Hack" for the Novel it removes the bottom nav bar and makes your volume up and down key, menu and back. I think it would fix the issue but I'm not sure. Anyways, good luck.

Has anybody else had any luck with any other games? So far all I've gotten to work has been Unblocker. Any help would be great!

-Adam

chriswin8

Jan 1, 2011
Will anyone be willing to try to get Kindle to work on it. My family members have kindles and my gf god bless her tried to be nice and got me a pandigital. She didnt read the box. And i cant break her heart. I would give anything if i could share books with my family members. Please I like the pandigital and the way its could be more then just a ereader. I just need it to use the kindle software. Please help me, thank you in advance.

lokegud

Jan 8, 2011
I've got kindle working fine!

All i did was install the Android system pandigital have on their website, put An 8gb sd card in the slot and go to freeware lovers, download apps straight to the device and install from there.

Kindle: Download free Kindle app for Android at Freeware Lovers

OH hey, mine is a white model, though. Not sure if that makes a difference or no.

Last edited:

carnafeagh

Jan 10, 2011
I am in Canada so have the black one with the proper firmware. I am trying to install the youtube.v13.apk but with no luck. When I download it, its a rar file, I have tried both putting in on the device both in rar format and unrarred with no success with youtube. If I try to watch a video, I simply am told that that web page is not available. What am I doing wrong? I simply downoaded the file to my computer and moved it over via usb to the device. I have had no trouble getting other apps to work, but no luck with this one.

chriswin8

Jan 1, 2011
I've got kindle working fine!

All i did was install the Android system pandigital have on their website, put An 8gb sd card in the slot and go to freeware lovers, download apps straight to the device and install from there.

Kindle: Download free Kindle app for Android at Freeware Lovers

OH hey, mine is a white model, though. Not sure if that makes a difference or no.

I tried everything that you did but it didn't work, I have the QVC Red variant of the Black Model.

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
I downloaded the YouTube app that is listed on here (from Freeware Lovers) & I can get videos to play fine, as long as I use the YouTube icon on the home screen to watch them. I can't get them to play via the QVC browser. I downloaded Opera Mini, & installed it, but it won't open. I haven't tried the Dolphin browser yet, but I'm going to D/L it today & will post my results. Also, if anybody knows how to get the pages to fit when using Aldiko, PLEASE let me know. I like that APP better than the B&N e-reader, but the pages don't seem to fit & i've tried messing with all of the settings/margins, etc. If anybody gets Kindle working, please let me know as well. Thanks again for all the info & help, slowly but surely this little tablet is getting to be decent for the price.

-Adam.

belteshazzar

Dec 28, 2011
The BPDN is good as an ereader if you are just looking for an inexpensive substitute for BN Nook color tablet. The price is right. If you are looking to run Android Apps, the offerings are going to be limited and only become more so. I returned mine for a refund and bought an eLocity A7+ refurb from Microcenter for $130. I couldn't be happier. Still not supported by Android Marketplace, but not as 'locked down' as the BPDN sys. I've had much more success finding apps that work and the interface is the best by far for Mid-Range Android devices. Bottom line for me - The BPDN just required too much hacking, flashing multiple third party FWs and repeatedly being told that the app I was trying to install was not supported. Alas, Android 2.2 is aging by market standards and it's life cycle will probably also be short. You get what you pay for. Unpopular as the sentiment may be in this forum, I want an iPad2. I have an iTouch and haven't had any problems with it. Unfortunately, the EDGE in the tablet market goes to Apple.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
You get what you pay for. Unpopular as the sentiment may be in this forum, I want an iPad2. I have an iTouch and haven't had any problems with it. Unfortunately, the EDGE in the tablet market goes to Apple.

Apple's ecosystem is indeed more refined. They've been at this longer. Android draws the tweakers & tinkerers. In a month, I've reflashed my phone half a dozen times. It's not wrong to want an iPad. It's a different product that draws a different audience.

Yes, you do get what you pay for. See the plethora of "I bought my kid a $79 'tablet' and Christmas is ruined." threads. Then, try to tell them they bought crap that needs a LOT of work to run basic games and they snipe back that they don't want to have to hack it to get xyz. Well, you're the one who spent $79 and expected a $500 experience. Which one of us is unrealistic?

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Last edited:

mbrownhm

Dec 28, 2011
Hey Wired
i tried that download you gave but it goes to an error page when i try to access it . can u help with that