7" gome fly touch help

ndjacobiii

Dec 12, 2010
I have what believe I've identified as gome flytouch. It runs Android 1.6, 256mb ddrii ram, 2gb internal storage expandable to 32gb msd. Build number is wmt2.1.1 Kernel version 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty . I don't know the cpu speed but the Ebay auction says it has 450Mhz, but can't find in on the tablet anywhere. Its got all the same ports, buttons, and camera as the flytouch. So I assume that it is. I would like to update the firmware and root it. I'm not really sure where to begin other than getting a microSD card. Thanks again

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
I have what believe I've identified as gome flytouch. It runs Android 1.6, 256mb ddrii ram, 2gb internal storage expandable to 32gb msd. Build number is wmt2.1.1 Kernel version 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty . I don't know the cpu speed but the Ebay auction says it has 450Mhz, but can't find in on the tablet anywhere. Its got all the same ports, buttons, and camera as the flytouch. So I assume that it is. I would like to update the firmware and root it. I'm not really sure where to begin other than getting a microSD card. Thanks again

Hi ndjacobiii, this is most probably just a WM8505 device. I've seen mine up for sale with 600Mhz, yea right... these run 350Mhz stock if I'm not mistaken. You can (with SetCPU) overclock the CPU, now mine runs 400Mhz fine, maybe you can do that. Read some topics about flashing firmware it's real easy, only thing you need is a folder on your SD card with a directory called "SCRIPT" on it which contains the firmware update.

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
for update firmware, which one firmware??

Just for the respect towards others, structure your sentences! Not only that, but also if you make complete sentences someone could understand what you are asking.

Please note that if you want to lookup your device speed, go to Settings\SystemInfo -or- Settings\AboutDevice.

Also note that SetCPU requires root access! So I'm afraid you can't install without having a rooted rom.