9.7" or 10.1" screen or other factor makes a tablet the most compatable with games?

Esong

Jan 15, 2012
I am currently looking at purchasing a upcoming RK3066 Powered tablet and am wondering what factor matters more to be compatible with android games.
Is it the aspect ratio or screen size I need to be concerned with or are there other factor's that come in to play ?
What should I look for in a game friendly tablet ?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
In my view quad core cpu capacitive multi touch and high ddr memory. The screen resolution obviously higher the better, but capacitive multi touch ( at least 5 or 10 point touch). Ratio I think is down to your own personal preference. I prefer 4:3 on 9.7" devices. I think theyre better all round for web, reading, games, tho not sure about video as I don't really use tab for that purpose. If I were you I would go to a shop selling both screen ratios and see which you feel most comfortable with. I just think you get better all round vision of what's going on in a game. Maybe different game types suit different layouts but asking opinions may not be what's right for you. Personal testing & personal preference is the best way to find out.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Esong

Jan 15, 2012
But isn't almost all android apps written for the 16:9 ratio of most phones ? Wont that be a factor when trying to play games full screen ? Will the game scale/strech to fill the 4:3 or will it put black bars in to "fill" the screen or worse fail to run at all?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Ics os more aimed at tablets. I'm not 100% on this but I think you're tablet will optomise screen for game play depending on screen layout of device. I have games on 4:3 screen & there seems to be nothing missing.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet