9740-8 /data issue

drinxtir

Sep 2, 2013
I tried to find something of the same subject for a couple days now, to no avail.

I am trying to fix a friends tablet. When I got it the only thing on it was CWM 6.0.2.8 and I also believe whoever had it before wiped everything!! There is no backup in sight, but I took the various system dumps and created a .zip to at least have the system available.

My issue is along with it not booting, when i try to mount /data it seems the tab freezes, also when i try backup it freezes at "backing up data". When I format /data by itself it taked a minute to get to complete along with factory restore. I'm not sure if my /data partition is boofed.

When I try to adb it shows ??????? no permissions. I am only able to flash zips. Can I dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/nande with busybox from a flash file safely to zero /data?

Is this tab saveable without a backup from this actual device?

I just seen a post about this device possibly being nand locked, is that why i cant access /dev/block/nande?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
where did the tablet come from? it's possible the data partition is damage. what computer are you using to adb? Linux, windows? you can dd but how if adb doesn't work? I would work on getting adb working first.

drinxtir

Sep 2, 2013
I can write it with a shell script and use the flash file to run the shell script. busybox is in /system I am just unable to boot or run adb. Im on mint.
the tablet is my friends. she got it given to her in trade for computer parts. I asked her if she turned it on to check if it worked, she had not.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Mint is basically Ubuntu, you need to setup adb rules. Reboot Then start adb with sudo to get adb working.

drinxtir

Sep 2, 2013
I have already setup android.rules. It worked on my phones. just not this tablet. is there special rules for this tab?

edited: i forgot to reboot. haha. Im not on my computer.
trying to get it to boot. will reply with status

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have already setup android.rules. It worked on my phones. just not this tablet. is there special rules for this tab?

edited: i forgot to reboot. haha. Im not on my computer.
trying to get it to boot. will reply with status

Yes there are special rules for tablets, use lsusb to get the info you need for your rules. each rule is for a particular device, I doubt your cell phone id is same as a coby tablet.

drinxtir

Sep 2, 2013
Yes there are special rules for tablets, use lsusb to get the info you need for your rules. each rule is for a particular device, I doubt your cell phone id is same as a coby tablet.

I got adb to work after i rebooted. Still waiting for dd to zero out /data