A nice little widget.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I don't know how many here like to keep their desktop nice and tidy like I do.
As well as liking to save as much valuable screen space as possible, I had been looking for a program that would allow me to do this while enabling me maybe not have to use the stock screen widgets that are so big that Lenovo gives us as defaults.
So every since I had decided to get the A2109 I'd been on the hunt for a widget or a program that would allow me to do just that without having to install a custom launcher, And tonight I found it on Google Play.

It's called Icon Organizer a free program that allows you to custom size the widget either in Landscape or Portrait Format.
Place it any place on your screen and even allows you to custom size it into a square shape if that's what you desire.
In the lower right corner it has a small opaque spot that you click on and it brings up all your apps and it allows you to select which ones you want within the widget.
It also allows you to custom size the Icons that you place in there as well as allowing you to remove the Apps Title from underneath the icon if you so desire.

I like it and just thought someone else here may as well. :)

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
My desktop screens:
Tech news
All news
Home page
Bookmarks, YouTube, Currents
g+, Pulse, feedly, taptu

I've since moved to taptu cards. I love flipping through cards. Where do my icons go? I've filled up a couple pages of the dock at the bottom. If I want to go into an application and don't see a card I like, I just click on any one. Widgets are so much more noticeable than tiny little icons all over the page. I know it's a bit silly, but I like it.

Attachments

• $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-58-06.png
    $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-58-06.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 695
  • $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-58-23.png
    $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-58-23.png
    490.4 KB · Views: 697
  • $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-58-41.png
    $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-58-41.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 727
  • $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-59-22.png
    $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-59-22.png
    528.1 KB · Views: 716
  • $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-59-55.png
    $Screenshot_2013-01-17-17-59-55.png
    499.6 KB · Views: 672

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I have been a FlipBook user and while I am not disappointed by it, Taptu looks like it might suit me a little better.

I keep going back and forth about how many icons and widgets I have on my main page. What I think would work best for me is really just the core apps (email, browser, news, commonly watched video sources) on the main page with widgets for weather and often changed settings. Games get their own page.

Is there a way to get a different background on different pages of the launcher?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I have been a FlipBook user and while I am not disappointed by it, Taptu looks like it might suit me a little better.

I keep going back and forth about how many icons and widgets I have on my main page. What I think would work best for me is really just the core apps (email, browser, news, commonly watched video sources) on the main page with widgets for weather and often changed settings. Games get their own page.

Is there a way to get a different background on different pages of the launcher?

Not that I know of. I'm using the Apex Launcher, btw, and I put any icons I use in the dock. Keeps my desktop nice & clean.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I don't know how many here like to keep their desktop nice and tidy like I do.
As well as liking to save as much valuable screen space as possible, I had been looking for a program that would allow me to do this while enabling me maybe not have to use the stock screen widgets that are so big that Lenovo gives us as defaults.
So every since I had decided to get the A2109 I'd been on the hunt for a widget or a program that would allow me to do just that without having to install a custom launcher, And tonight I found it on Google Play.

It's called Icon Organizer a free program that allows you to custom size the widget either in Landscape or Portrait Format.
Place it any place on your screen and even allows you to custom size it into a square shape if that's what you desire.
In the lower right corner it has a small opaque spot that you click on and it brings up all your apps and it allows you to select which ones you want within the widget.
It also allows you to custom size the Icons that you place in there as well as allowing you to remove the Apps Title from underneath the icon if you so desire.

I like it and just thought someone else here may as well. :)
That does sound useful. One question: can you use multiple Icon Organizer widgets, like one on each page?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Hey as long as it works for you, to each his own.
But I can see where it can be quite functional.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
That does sound useful. One question: can you use multiple Icon Organizer widgets, like one on each page?

From what little I messed with it last night on my old Iconia, I'd say yes.
Until I canceled out the blue format square around it after setting up the size that I wanted, If I scrolled to either end of my Icon List the window went along with the scroll to the next window, without taking the Icons with it.
I would say yes you should be able to, it should be just like any other widget if placed seperatly.