[A100]<--->[micro/USB adapter]<--->[USB drive]....Is this possible??

srsh

Sep 22, 2011
Hello everyone:

I've noticed the A100 has a built-in Micro USB 2.0 Port.
If I were to use a Micro-to-regular USB converter, would I be able to add/delete files on a thumb drive?

From what I've read through googling, it should work but I'd really like to confirm before making the purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-USB-Mal...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316718767&sr=1-1
The above link is an example of the USB converter for this scenario.

=====
I'm assuming the following statements reading forums & googling. Please correct me anywhere I am wrong & thank you so much for taking time to read my post.

Assumptions:
-> Thumb drive should be formatted to FAT32
-> A500 is able to successfully access files from USB thumb drives after installing Astro or ES.
-> .pdf & .doc files can be opened/viewed.
-> .doc can be edited.
-> WIFI strength is comparable to laptop.

======
Why I'm asking for this?
In my school, it is very tough to get access to computer because people grab them in the morning & facebook/youtube till computer labs & library closes. Luckily, my school has computers with local printers that can't access internet but they do allow students to print off thumb drives. I have desktop at home & would only use the A100 for light editing. Won't be using A100 to type up big papers. Just to make those quick changes before printing.

Last edited:

jschall

Jun 15, 2010
No, sorry, that won't work. The A100 doesn't have a USB Host functionality. The USB port can only be used to connect to a PC as a removable drive.