A100 will not connect to Wifi on boot with ICS

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
Our A100 was working fine with 3.2 connecting to Wifi. I have a Netgear 3500L router. After the ICS update the A100 will not connect to Wifi at boot. I have to let it boot, go in to settings, turn Wifi off for 10 seconds and then turn it back on. After this process it will connect. My router's channel is channel 1.

Is anyone else getting this issue with ICS?

I made a new thread because in the Wifi Issues Thread no one has posted anything about Wifi and ICS yet.

Thanks

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Have a look at the WIFI issues in the A500 forum. Mrhelper gives an excellent disertation on how to solve it.

But you could try a power cycle of your router.
Or pick another channel - like 8 or 11.

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
It randomly started working. I got a new router for other reasons and had to set the channel to 1 for the A100 to work however. I had to do that one my old router too.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
It randomly started working. I got a new router for other reasons and had to set the channel to 1 for the A100 to work however. I had to do that one my old router too.
What other devices have you got connected? You might use an app like WIFI ANALYZER to show which channel gives the best and strongest gains. Just remember some cordless phones use the same 2.4 GHz frequency. And if you are streaming over the wifi to your media player - with also use the same frequency.