A1CS Android Tablet

dimi1975

Apr 23, 2011
Hi all, please help me. Got myself a cheap A1CS Android tablet from Amazon but i cant get it rooted since the device information is non existent. This is the only information i can get from the system info:

BRAND:Generic
MANUFACTURER: unknown
MODEL: wwe10
Android version: 2.2

appreciate any advice....

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
If you download z4root or SuperOneClick you can root with those apps. z4root is a simple app, install and run. SuperOneClick is a computer application that does the same job as z4root, except it has 2 modes in which it can root. The method z4root uses has been patched on some devices so if it doesn't work, plug your tablet into your computer and use SuperOneClick. z4root works on most devices anyway, so try that first.

dimi1975

Apr 23, 2011
hi, i tried z4root but it asked me to enable usb debugging under "development" menu but i am missing the whole development menu!!????
any idea where to find it and enable the usb debugging?

Nov 29, 2011
I can confirm that using z4 will work to root a1cs tablet device with some additional steps first

on your tablet . usb debugging is there just hidden from view so

1. Download Launcher Pro.
    2. Install Launcher Pro.
    3. Tap the Home Button at the upper left, it will let you choose different type of launchers.
    4. Select Launcher Pro.
    5. Tap Menu Button = or at press the menu button at the top of your tablet.
    6. Tap the + add
    7. Tap Shortcuts
    8. Scroll Down, and Tap the Activities.
    9. Wait it will load, scroll down to Settings.
    10. Scroll down and look for Development.
    11. Press OK without changing the name.
    12. On Desktop/Home Tap Development.
    13. Check the USB Debugging.
    14. Restart device
    15. And your done ready to root.

Now go to pc download z4 sd card or usb pen then into tablet then install. Then open the application and click permant root. Sorted =)

ps if this topic was no longer active im sorry but having searched for the answer in google and this appearing i thought id share the fruits of my labour, worth noting having rooted ive found the original applauncher to become unstable not sure if its related to the root or something else i did. but im now running launcher pro and its fine so :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thank you for replying, I'm sure the information will be useful to someone out there.