A2109 Screen Flashes

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
I'm running the latest version of Jelly Bean that I received in the O.T.A. update from lenovo, some time ago. Is anyone else in here experiencing what I call screen flashes. In a different message board, it's been discussed: A2109 intermittent screen glitches - Lenovo Community . Sorry moderator's, not trying to be rude ! I'm thinking it's a software 'glitch' of some kind.. any comments ??
David :confused:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Under developer options, disenable hw overlays and see if that helps, but every time you reboot or turn your device off, you must disenable he overlays again, if your rooted pimp my ROM has the ability of disenabling he overlays on boot, known issue with jb Roms on some devices

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
I see this too.. I didn't think much of it, but I see it the most when I click and hold to add a widget.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I see this too.. I didn't think much of it, but I see it the most when I click and hold to add a widget.

I don't seem to have this, or I am just not seeing it, after reading your post, I am adding widgets just so I could see it, but I don't see it.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I had it in ics and still have it in jb. Very infrequent and not an issue that I worry about.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Its an issue with jb, graphical glitches. My evo is far worse, can't even use chrome on it. I have to disenable hw overlays

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I really doubt if we will see anymore major updates, typically, 1 major update and maybe some minor but highly unlikely. It would be nice to see jb 4.2 but , time will tell:D:D:D
As far as I can tell, our tablet is not capable of running the jb 4.2 camera,, no gyroscope sensor, so this makes me believe that 4.1.2 is a possible next update but that would be as far as lenovo would go imo

Last edited:

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Flash,
I won't get my hopes up..maybe we BOTH jumped too quick on the android tablet bandwagon.
david

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I kind of brushed off my early experience with the touch wigging out on me in ICS. A factory reset fixed it but that was a pretty major issue. Someone else posted about an issue with dropping the network a lot in ICS and having that fixed by JB. I think their primary motivation in releasing JB 4.1.1 was quietly fixing bugs under the guise of proactively upgrading our tablets so that they won't be outdated as quickly.

The newer feature I wish we had is the multiple profiles. I like having the lock screen as my sign on to all things Google, but I don't like my email popping up notifications if I let someone play a game or watch a movie.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
arbarnhart,
Is your tablet 'rooted'..I have tried previously to do so, but I must have done something incorrect, I just gave up.
David :(

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
No root. I am a long time techie nerd (professional developer for over 30 years) in the DOS/Windows world, so I know enough about the concepts and jargon to sound like I know what I am doing but with respect to Android I really don't. I have written a little java to pop up a form and post a notification when I clicked a button and was surprised to find you don't need root to do app development, which I am interested in. Android OS development, not so much. Right now the a2109 is my primary personal computing device so I am keeping it stock (augmented by supported upgrades) in hopes it will stay stable. Some really smart guys have bricked tablets playing around with root. Usually it works out okay, but I am content to just be a regular user.

Last edited: