A2109 won't start properly, only display lenovo on screen

evillegolfer

Jan 23, 2015
My 2 year old Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 just stopped working. The tablet is charged to 100%. When I power it up only "lenovo" appears on the screen. I've tried rebooting the system, wiping the cache partition, and did a wipe data/factory reset from the Android system recovery screen -- all with no results. When I connect the Tablet to my PC it is not recognized. Any suggestions what I can do to get it working, or should I put it in the recycle bin? Thank for your input!

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
My 2 year old Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 just stopped working. The tablet is charged to 100%. When I power it up only "lenovo" appears on the screen. I've tried rebooting the system, wiping the cache partition, and did a wipe data/factory reset from the Android system recovery screen -- all with no results. When I connect the Tablet to my PC it is not recognized. Any suggestions what I can do to get it working, or should I put it in the recycle bin? Thank for your input!

Is this stock recovery? If not perhaps try to install CWM recovery.
If (CWM) recovery still works you could consider flashing a ROM. And if adb works while booted in recovery you could mount partitions to see what is (not) there

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012

If you want to try reflashing the firmware, you can get it from here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/useful-files-from-drivers-to-modded-roms.52307/

The "Stock 4.1.1 worldwide" firmware is the one you'd want.