A500 4.01 ICS update happened this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
THe dates seem to be primary roll out dates, but I can confirm it has rolled out in the US since the 19th. EU around the 20th started a few batches. Even south africa markets and india. PRob have in Australia, but very few. It will gradually increase upto the 27th and be more obvious.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Just got my update about an hour ago and no problems. File/grouping folders built in is a 1000% plus. My homescreens never looked so nice and lots of free space. Stock browser is faster. Some of the menus chaned but are still easy to navigate. Camera controls are an improvement. Thats about all Ive noticed.

Still can't sync the tab with facebook from the account settings for contacts. Not that big of a deal since all my facebook contacts are synced to my google contacts from my phone, just annoying for starting games of words with friends and not being able to access games started on the phone.

Also as others said no acer ring just the default lock ring with cam quick access.

Last edited:

gal78

Jan 6, 2012
People here in the UK are saying that they now have been updated,although I have not been I think this is because my a500 is a Gen 1 build number ,any ideas guys?

candita

Jan 7, 2012
Got My Update & Still Can't believe There's No App2SD..I Don't Understand That Because My Generic Android Tablet Has It But Not This Expensive 500 Dollar Acer..Sux & No Acer Ring Here Either

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Got My Update & Still Can't believe There's No App2SD..I Don't Understand That Because My Generic Android Tablet Has It But Not This Expensive 500 Dollar Acer..Sux & No Acer Ring Here Either

Hi -> candita
now finale you have ICS ok...... there no Acer Ring soo wath.... - end of world.... !?? :confused:
Acer Ring cooooooome -> with next update...... !

cgmcav

May 5, 2011
So I got the ICS update, but now when I try to connect to my WiFi it just reboots my A500. Huge pain in the ass. No, it's not rooted. Would be curious if this is happening to anyone else.

detz

Jan 3, 2012
cgmcav...I didnt have any problems with my update concerning WiFi. I just had to turn wifi back on after it booted-up from updating.

agent16

May 10, 2011
Yep - exact same problem - bad load. WiFi startup seemed to cause reboot. Continued to recycle. I had to do factory reset to get it to work. Of course that blew away everything including my SD card (guess I should have removed - my bad.) Problem now is no screen rotation. Activate app - any one that rotates screen - say calculator - and screen will not return until until reboot. Even then - no rotation. Hope someone can figure this out!

Last edited:

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335546387.834974.jpg

So...now mine got it's update, but can't run it because the battery is almost dead and I forgot the charger at home...AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

BTW...I'm in El Salvador, Central America and mine is GEN 2...