A500 Email Program problem??

Andliz

Oct 31, 2011
I have imported my wifes contacts into the "Contacts" app in her Acer A500. I have checked to see that they are there and they are. When using the installed email program in the A500 to create an email, I go to the "To" block and start typing the name of the person I want to send an email to... but nothing happens.. When I do this on my Samsung 10.1 Tab, a list of names from my contacts list appear to choose from... but not in the A500. Any idea on how to make the contacts in the Contacts app available to the email program in the A500? I hope I figure this out soon or she will be wanting my Samsung Tab...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have imported my wifes contacts into the "Contacts" app in her Acer A500. I have checked to see that they are there and they are. When using the installed email program in the A500 to create an email, I go to the "To" block and start typing the name of the person I want to send an email to... but nothing happens.. When I do this on my Samsung 10.1 Tab, a list of names from my contacts list appear to choose from... but not in the A500. Any idea on how to make the contacts in the Contacts app available to the email program in the A500? I hope I figure this out soon or she will be wanting my Samsung Tab...
Have you synchronized the A500 with the Account?

Are you using "Gmail"?

I believe it is something or a step in the setup that you have missed!

Andliz

Oct 31, 2011
Have you synchronized the A500 with the Account?

Are you using "Gmail"?

I believe it is something or a step in the setup that you have missed!

I think it is synchronized.. all sync settings are on.. Gmail is one of the email programs in the A500..(no addresses appear for it either).. I have gone thru the setup and everything seems set Ok... any other ideas... Is there a Dummies Book for the A500?

Andliz

Oct 31, 2011
Problem solved... contacts I first imported into g-mail didn't copy email addresses.. (don't know why).. re imported the same contacts with email addresses into g-mail account on PC and tablet synced them in just fine...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Fantastic. I use my gmail web wise. I seem to have no problems when I migrated to the A500 - it sync'ed and got all my addresses and emails.