A500-ICS non-rooted-Struck on Acer screen

acerra

Sep 26, 2012
.I have a ICS non-rooted, actually had the acer for over a year, right now I cant get past the acer screen right now and it is out of warranty :( I had updated to ICS few weeks ago via acer software update and it was working okay.
Last night in between playing a youtube video it froze and I restarted the device.From this point on it is not going past the Acer screen.
I have tried hard reset several times by following online instructions(using volume up power button and screen rotation lock switch method)
I do see the "Erasing user" quickly followed by the "Erasing cache. screen and then it quickly goes back to the acer screen and stays at this screen and nothing happens
Am I doing something wrong in here ? any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just a stupid question "did you try the pin hole reset on the side as well?"

acerra

Sep 26, 2012
Just a stupid question "did you try the pin hole reset on the side as well?"

Yeah i did try that out.doesnt help:( I also copied over the update.zip file onto micro sd card and tried booting using it but it still doesnt get past the acer screen.
Right now Iam against the wall with this one..any more ideas?

Jul 18, 2011
The same thing happen to my tablet. Did some research on the internet and it seems this is a common problem with the A500. I got with Acer tech support and they said that it was a hardware problem and that since it is out of warranty I would have to pay to repair it. They charge a $200 flat fee for repair. I'm hoping that since this is a common problem, they might do a recall(not holding my breath though).