A820 rooted

trampampam

Nov 15, 2011
Really?)
Реально работает?? и не глючит нигде?)

mohikan22

Nov 28, 2011
following Wiki link, all is ok but stops at CMD part, when i type ADB into dos i get unrecognized command. now i know i have ADB on my pc as it gets usedwith my HTC desire. any way round this ? any help thanks

kaybee327

Sep 20, 2011
Hi

What operating system are you using?
Did you extract the second thing.zip to your windows\system32 folder? should have 3 files begining adb 2 x dll 1 x exe.
Also when you open cmd prompt do it as administrator.

I rooted my a820 this afternoon and it works fine

Keith

Last edited:

mohikan22

Nov 28, 2011
Wooopsy my bad... I REALLY should followinstructions. i didnt extract to specified folder, i just extracted to individual folders. so used to it with other programs lol. i shall re READ again thankyou.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Can this rooting process for your 820 be used for my S2, with of course ..the proper files?

Thanks

dw4yn3

Dec 17, 2011
i tried rooting my 820 just now. i followed all instructions. but when im about to safely remove my tablet or tried to eject my device "EJECT SAMSUNG", i get an error saying

"windows cant stop your android composite adb interface' device because a program is stil using ti. close any programs that might be using the device, and then try again later."

i dont know what using my adb coz i close cmd already using exit command. i tried unplugging the usb cable and checked my tablet via root checker, and the result was NOT ROOTED. i tried the whole process 3x but i cant seem to make it work. do you know any problem that might cause this?

thanks a lot!!

canadaguy

Dec 30, 2011
i tried rooting my 820 just now. i followed all instructions. but when im about to safely remove my tablet or tried to eject my device "EJECT SAMSUNG", i get an error saying

"windows cant stop your android composite adb interface' device because a program is stil using ti. close any programs that might be using the device, and then try again later."

i dont know what using my adb coz i close cmd already using exit command. i tried unplugging the usb cable and checked my tablet via root checker, and the result was NOT ROOTED. i tried the whole process 3x but i cant seem to make it work. do you know any problem that might cause this?

thanks a lot!!

you need to use the command adb kill-server then you will be able to eject safely.