Accelerometer not recognised

amf87

Jan 3, 2013
I have a tablet running 4.0.3 and it was working well up until about a week ago.

It wouldn't boot and the recovery menu had the droid with the warning triangle over its open chest.

Having had a look about I managed to reinstall the OS and to my surprise it worked, then did a few system upgrades and its back to the way it was. The trouble is now it won’t auto-rotate and using Android System Info from Play store, it doesn't recognise the accelerometer under sensors.

So my question is, is there a way to find hardware connected but not recognised by the OS, im thinking of a functionality similar to device manager in windows. All other hardware is working (touchscreen, mic, speakers, both cameras etc)

I am very new to android but have experience coding and don’t mind getting my hands dirty, but just don’t know where to start unfortunately.

It’s a Sanei N83. And I have another of the same model which has worked perfectly well for the same amount of time! Thanks for any help!

e46m3

Feb 12, 2013
Same here.. My ELF II is on 4.0.4 and build# LightElf 2.6.0,.. my screen also doesnt auto-rotate.. I checked all auto-rotate options in settings.