Acer a100 resolution....?

rshimizu12

Apr 28, 2012
I was noticing that the resolution is low on my Acer a100. I decided to go to Best Buy and noticed that the Acer a100 there has a higher resolution.....?

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
How do you know your resolution is lower? All A100's have a resolution of 1024x600. You can see for yourself under Settings->About tablet->Device Information. You can also get that information using other 3rd party apps like Android System Information.

rshimizu12

Apr 28, 2012
Yes it is, but I still cannot figure out why it the one at best buy is more clear.. Perhaps it's the lighting. I willl go there and compare.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Make sure your brightness is turned up to 100%. (Then turn it back down to Auto, otherwise the weak battery will run down even faster!)

rshimizu12

Apr 28, 2012
I had more time so I examined the tablet more closely and there was a screen protector.... I bought the tablet used on ebay.. I am wondering if there is a screen protector that will not distort the appearance. The screen protector is clean already. The only other option is to purchase a new screen protector. I don't think there is a way to clean the sticky side....?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If the screen protector is a matte one, this helps A LOT with fingerprints. I had a matte protector in my iPhone from day 1. It got a scratch in it and I removed it for another one. When I took it off I was blown away how nice the screen was. Then I added a Zagg matte one, hated it. Now my phone has been naked for over a year an not a scratch. Same with my tablet, 10 months, no protection, no scratches.

If you have a clear screen protector, (Clarivue and Steinheil are good ones) they will not distort much, but if they are not matte they will show just about as many fingerprints.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
It's Gorilla Glass, which is pretty scratch resistant, so you might want to consider leaving the screen alone and not use a protector.