Acer A100 Wifi problems anyone?

Aug 18, 2011
The first A100 i purchased would not maintain a Wifi connection. I have a belkin N router. If I was more than 15 feet away from my router it would say poor connection. My xoom in the same spot would show good connection. Sitting next to my router I watched the connection go from good to "no internet connection" then back to good multiple times. I called acer and spoke to an foreign individual who told me "wifi only works for about 15 feet."

I then returned the tablet and now have my second one. This one shows good connection where it should but cuts out the same as the other one.

Before you blame the router, I have never had problems with the following devices...ipad, samsung tab 7, ipad 2, xoom, htc evo, multiple iphones, nook color, laptops, and even a desktop with usb N adapter.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
No issues at all here with my Cisco E3000 router. I would say take it to a hotspot or friends house and see if it maintains it's connection. If it does it's some incompatibility with your router or an issue with your router. If you still have the issue at a hotspot you might want to exchange it.

Aug 18, 2011
Tried it at work with a different router and results are the same. I have also noticed apps missing from the market! Words with Friends is nowhere to be found. Words with Friends shows up on my xoom. The scrabble app only fills the upper left portion of the a100 and wierd circles start apearing on the edge of the app.

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
Tried it at work with a different router and results are the same. I have also noticed apps missing from the market! Words with Friends is nowhere to be found. Words with Friends shows up on my xoom. The scrabble app only fills the upper left portion of the a100 and wierd circles start apearing on the edge of the app.

Apps issue is typical for brand new hardware and OS. Are you actually losing connection?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Skipuppy

Aug 19, 2011
I have the Acer A100 and it is not experiencing any wifi problems. Connecting to either Airport Extreme or to an Airlink router it performs the same as other devices. I can connect from about 40 feet away through a couple of walls. it sounds like you A100 may have a problem - the second one could be from the same batch as the first one. Follow Mike02z's advice and you should be able to figure it out. good luck!

Aug 18, 2011
Purchased new router Netgear N 300 and have not had connection issues. Guess the belkin and a100 didn't like each other! New problem Amazon kindle app force closes everytime i try to open a book!

jlroesler

Aug 24, 2011
I'm having the same issue with wifi, it keeps cutting out. I do also have a Belkin N Router. I'll try it at my son's house and see if it has any problems with his Linksys. I wonder if there is a setting I can change on the router to make it work?

beastman

May 8, 2011
I had a coworkers tablet and wifi wasn't working. I saw a switch and tried moving it. That fixed it.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

kqboat

Aug 14, 2011
I've got an A100 and have been able to successfully connect to a Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT and another on stock firmware. No problems with connectivity

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
I don't think mine has any problems - however, on my home wifi my tab says its only getting a 50 percent signal ...which makes me a little suspicious ........mmmmm

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
@Desolateplanet - You whine like a little girl. Just return it if you hate everything about it. Or if you can't return it, then throw it away, and stop wasting your time on internet forums. Good luck, I hope you can move on with your life.

Aug 18, 2011
@Desolateplanet - You whine like a little girl. Just return it if you hate everything about it. Or if you can't return it, then throw it away, and stop wasting your time on internet forums. Good luck, I hope you can move on with your life.

@bladerunn3r..I hope you are not as dumb as your photo suggests. Considering you misspelled your own city "Fort Wort", i believe you are. For anyone interested in this product, DO NOT BUY! Or you will end up taking Bladerunn3r's advice and just throwing it away.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
well IM certainly looking to buy one Acer a100 tab, you guys mean that it has some trouble regarding wifi connection?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum