Acer A500 internet connection problems.

cherog

Dec 23, 2011
I am hoping someone can help my daughter bought my husband an Acer A500 tablet - I then had to get a WiFi modem and got that all running the tablet has a strong signal and tells us it is connected to WiFi - but it wont connect to the internet - messages alluding to the tablet not being set up for data -

Has anyone else had this problem - my husband just turned 72 although with trying to solve this issue he looks like he is fast appoaching 85. It is very frustrating.

Thanks if you can help - all he wanted was a E reader - very generous daughter - I would love to bbe able to get it going for him currently cannot down load books.

I have registered him with both google and yahoo he has email addresses for both obtained from my desktop - but the tablet will not connect.

Thank you in advance

Cherog

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
Im guessing the tablet is your only wifi device so you may not be able to test it, but I'm betting the problem is with the router and not the tablet. A tablet (or wifi device in general) can be connected to a router and show as having a connection, but if the router doesn't have internet access neither will the devices connected to it.

Unfortunately, without knowing what type of router you have or how is configured there's not much more help I can give.

cherog

Dec 23, 2011
Thank you

The modem is a net comm ADSL2 Modem Router NB6Plus4

I have my desktop and therefore access to this forum from this same wireless modem.

But in line with your thinking I dont know how to check if this modem can be accessed by the Acer tablet - the tablet tells me there is a strong signal

The tablet may be picking up the router but can the router 'see' the tablet - I dont know. Another option is that there is perhaps a tangle with the networking set up - I hate networks never did understand them. That part of setting up this thing has hit my ignorance factor - I miss windows that did it all for me.

Thanks
Cheryl and Roger

Im guessing the tablet is your only wifi device so you may not be able to test it, but I'm betting the problem is with the router and not the tablet. A tablet (or wifi device in general) can be connected to a router and show as having a connection, but if the router doesn't have internet access neither will the devices connected to it.

Unfortunately, without knowing what type of router you have or how is configured there's not much more help I can give.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
You can try taking the tablet to a McDonald's and see if it will go on-line there. If it does then you know there is nothing wrong with the tablet, which I'm guessing not.