Acer Content Folders

Larry20194

May 18, 2011
I received and installed (successfully, I think) Build 4.010.08_COM_GEN2 (OTA). All has been fine until today. My content folder app stopped working. I get error message "Acer content folders process.com.acer.app stopped unexpectedly."

I can "force close" or "report" in the error message window. Tab is not rooted. I've done several cold reboots. Same with every folder - social, eReading, Games or Multimedia.

Anyone have a solution?

dbhamnah

Jul 12, 2011
I received and installed (successfully, I think) Build 4.010.08_COM_GEN2 (OTA). All has been fine until today. My content folder app stopped working. I get error message "Acer content folders process.com.acer.app stopped unexpectedly."

I can "force close" or "report" in the error message window. Tab is not rooted. I've done several cold reboots. Same with every folder - social, eReading, Games or Multimedia.

Anyone have a solution?

Did you manage to work out how to fix this, I just had my iconia update yesterday and its done the same thing, some things are now working really well, but the basic folders are all broken and don,t work at all. All of the apps I had installed had the same issue, I had to uninstall each one of them, and then reinstall each one before they worked. I was not impressed, felt a bit like shades of microsoft with their updates. supposedly fixing things that are broken, and then breaking a whole lot more.

hunted

Jul 4, 2011
Wow wife and I got an update but nothing like this, both of our a500 got some kind of update not the 3.1 but everything is running smooth. Everyone starting to scare me.........;-{

mac4402

May 23, 2011
Try this:
1. Go to Manage Applications
2. Slect: Applications
3. Select: All
4. Scroll and select: Acer content folders
5. Click: Force stop (if highlighted)
6. Click: Clear data
7. Click: Clear cache

Exit. Hopefully, this should solve the FC issue.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

dbhamnah

Jul 12, 2011
Hi
Thanks for that.
Got fed up with the basics not working, so did a reset of the tablet.
Then of course a reload of the apps

Everything now working well, all apps back installed, settings reset up.
Gotta love tablets!

Sonncee

Sep 3, 2011
thank you so much my wife and i just got acer iconia a500 and hers started acting up and this method helped us

rslewis

Dec 1, 2011
I want to add my thanks also to Mac4402. I had the same problem and your solution cleared it right up.