Acer Honeycomb Tablet With Intel Oak Trail Processor Coming in July

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
acera500.jpg

Acer’s first Android 3.0 based tablet running on Intel’s Oak Trail processors is expected to hit retail by July at the latest, going by the latest Taipei rumors, offering the promise of greater performance over existing ARM-based slates like the Iconia Tab A500 but maintaining comparable pricing. According to DigiTimes‘ sources, Compal is already mass-producing the anonymous tablet; meanwhile, Acer is reportedly considering adding another tablet platform to its portfolio.

Continue reading @ Slash Gear

For more discussions on Acer Android Tablets, be sure to visit our sister site @ http://www.androidtablets.net

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
how would this compare with the present iconia a500 speed wise; is it better to wait for the intel version..?
THX!

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
how would this compare with the present iconia a500 speed wise; is it better to wait for the intel version..?
THX!

At only a couple of months from now to its release, the difference in power compared to the current iconia will be neglegable. First off, most android app developers havent fully started supporting the tablets yet. Furthermore, the on,y real reason for the speed would be gaming... sure, video and internet too, but the iconia handles those like a champ (and will even get better when it gets honeycomb 3.1 early this june).

If you really want a tablet, you're not going to feel slighted by buying the iconia (or any other current android honeycomb tablet). Besides, if you wait for oak trail, tegra quad core will be coming out. After that, Intel will release pine trail, etc, etc.

Btw... I know Nvidia is already releasing a new tegra chipset soon, don't actually know if its quad core. As for pine trail... just making it up. :)

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
At only a couple of months from now to its release, the difference in power compared to the current iconia will be neglegable. First off, most android app developers havent fully started supporting the tablets yet. Furthermore, the on,y real reason for the speed would be gaming... sure, video and internet too, but the iconia handles those like a champ (and will even get better when it gets honeycomb 3.1 early this june).

If you really want a tablet, you're not going to feel slighted by buying the iconia (or any other current android honeycomb tablet). Besides, if you wait for oak trail, tegra quad core will be coming out. After that, Intel will release pine trail, etc, etc.

Btw... I know Nvidia is already releasing a new tegra chipset soon, don't actually know if its quad core. As for pine trail... just making it up. :)

LOL, ok, i get it, thanks for the info; since i got the ASUS transfo i thought perhaps i should wait for the newer iconia since i wanted the acer as well...;