Acer iconia A 500 Tablet takes a minute to connect to wireless signal

amitabh

Jan 8, 2012
I am wondering as to whether others experience same issue. Whenever I wake up Acer iconia a 500 tablet, it takes almost a minute to connect to home wireless. In case of laptop, it is ten seconds or less, while in case of I pad, it seems instantaneous. Is there any setting that can be tweaked to take care of this.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Turn your bluetooth on, and leave it on.

Bluetooth is built into the same chip set as the wifi, and having bluetooth turned on prevents the chipset from going into deep sleep mode, and it will wake from sleep mode in less than two seconds. It really doesn't take enough battery power to worry about.

Also, in wifi settings, set wifi disconnect policy to never.

Last edited:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Turn your bluetooth on, and leave it on.

Bluetooth is built into the same chip set as the wifi, and having bluetooth turned on prevents the chipset from going into deep sleep mode, and it will wake from sleep mode in less than two seconds. It really doesn't take enough battery power to worry about.

Also, in wifi settings, set wifi disconnect policy to never.
I have my bluetooth turned off and I never have a problem connecting. Connects within a couple seconds.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I am wondering as to whether others experience same issue. Whenever I wake up Acer iconia a 500 tablet, it takes almost a minute to connect to home wireless. In case of laptop, it is ten seconds or less, while in case of I pad, it seems instantaneous. Is there any setting that can be tweaked to take care of this.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
If you have followed Icebike's advice and you still have a problem, then it may be the modem/router that has issues - even though other devices may be connecting alright. When the tablet sleeps it shuts down all the communication chips. As Icebike suggests you need to tell the tablet not to shut down those services.