Acer Iconia A100 - Issue with microSD card

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Took a sanDisk 16GB microSD out of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" and put it in A100. Honeycomb Notifications reports that a microSD was inserted - so the card is being seen.

The issue is - APP 2 SD displays all the moveable apps but when I click an app to move it - the Uninstall Screen appears with no option to Move To SD.

The same if I go into Settings->Manage Applications I get Force Stop and Uninstall but no Move To SD.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Any advice would be much appreciated

I had the same experience with my Nook. I was unable to move a single app out of 60+ using either method. The only space I was able to save was what I got back when I deleted APP 2 SD.:) I hope someone can figure out what's needed to do this.

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
Both of the freebies have this issue. I think it's related to honeycomb, and the developers already know about it.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Both of the freebies have this issue. I think it's related to honeycomb, and the developers already know about it.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply - in fact, App 2 SD is not free - costs $4.99 and Settings->Manage Applications-> is a component function of Android - when clicked - you are presented with 3 choices - Force Stop, Uninstall or Move to SD

As mentioned - Honeycomb sees the microSD because there is a notification - 'SD card - SD card is inserted' - but the issue is neither App 2 SD nor Settings->Manage Applications offers the option to move to SD

It is not the microSD - if I put it back into Galaxy Tab 7' - both App 2 SD Settings->Manage Applications show the Move to SD option

But you may well be right that it is an issue with Honeycomb - as the card functions fine in Froyo on GTab

Last edited: