Acer Iconia A500 Charger

hal752

Apr 27, 2011
Hey all

This is my first post on here so first off I would like to say hi :)

I would normally stick to xda as I have 3 android devices but since they don't have a Acer sub section I though I would ask here

I got my Acer on the 18th and have had no issues with it. Everything is running smooth unlike many xoom owners

The one thing that is starting to annoy me is the charger. When its plugged into my Iconia its really quite like a normal phone charger. But when its finished or not charging it makes a high pitch buzzing noise. Does anyone else get this or is it broke?

Thanks

panda

Apr 25, 2011
Haven't noticed any weird noises coming from my AC adaptor - just wish Acer had shipped it with a longer cable!

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
Very slight high pitched buzz coming from mine if I put my ear against it, but my Viewsonic G-Tab charger does the same and is a little louder.
Also wish it had a longer cable, the Viewsonic one is a good 6', I had to add a short extension cord on this one witch is a PIA.

mgammal

May 26, 2011
I get this high pitched noise from the docking station when I remove the tablet while power is on.
and yes I wish the charger's chord was at least double the length.

balcanic

Dec 18, 2011
Sound (buzz) coming from the charger or the tablet?
To me this buzzing comes from the tablet when the tablet is loaded.

roadster

Jun 24, 2011
Yes it does buzz. Its a switched mode power supply which is very efficient. You will notice that when left disconnected from the tablet but still plugged in it will stay very cool and use almost no power. The down side of this design is that the high speed switching which is occurring generates harmonic frequencies which you can hear.

Regards Roadster

gal78

Jan 6, 2012
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement charger(hopefully with a longer lead) for the a500 other than Acer themselves
Just want to find one cheaper, £30 something is a bit pricey and no help from amazon this time ( normally I can find anything there)
Any ideas guys
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Don9992

Jan 20, 2012
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement charger(hopefully with a longer lead) for the a500 other than Acer themselves
Just want to find one cheaper, £30 something is a bit pricey and no help from amazon this time ( normally I can find anything there)
Any ideas guys
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

There's a whole thread about this on the Accessories forum.