Acer Iconia A500 - Failed Update and Frozen

cfh2012

Dec 24, 2011
Hi - I'm a noob so forgive me if this isn't the best place to post - I have an Acer Iconia A500 and just got an update last night. It was 4.something, I didn't look too closely. The update ran fine but froze part way through and did nothing for a long time. When I turned it off and on, now it goes to the home screen but is completely unresponsive. It shows the right time, but the battery meter never moves no matter how long it's plugged in. Is there a way to fix this, or can I reinstall the update from my computer?

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Did you tried to connect a mouse o keyboard? BTW you where flashing from cwm or from where?

cfh2012

Dec 24, 2011
Not yet, that's a good idea. I was just installing the update from Acer that my tablet said was ready, and my girlfriend had just done it on hers (same model) with no problem. If I do a reset using the reset button nothing happens. Can I boot from a microSD card and then try reinstalling the update or even the whole OS? How would I do that? Thanks for your help!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You should NOT have turned yours off while it was updating. It warned you not to do this.

I would call tech support and have them walk you thru their check list, You might have to get it serviced.

I can't recommend you flash anything on this tablet at this point.