Acer iconia A500 URGENT querry. Please help.............

drmadhuks

Apr 19, 2012
Hello,
Im from india. I have a nice offer for acer iconia a500 from ebay india which ends in 11 hours.. I dont have much time to read reviews.

1. how is the battery life? Is it satisfactory. The sub 3500ma seems modest as per present stds. I would like to know the user experience. Did anybody feel the battery isnt good enough.
2. Does the usb recognise and allow transfer of files from a portable external hard disk which draws power from usb.. eg seagate 320gb.
3. Is there any way to power it via portable chargers that charge from battery?

jpinsl

Dec 3, 2011
Hello,
Im from india. I have a nice offer for acer iconia a500 from ebay india which ends in 11 hours.. I dont have much time to read reviews.

1. how is the battery life? Is it satisfactory. The sub 3500ma seems modest as per present stds. I would like to know the user experience. Did anybody feel the battery isnt good enough.
2. Does the usb recognise and allow transfer of files from a portable external hard disk which draws power from usb.. eg seagate 320gb.
3. Is there any way to power it via portable chargers that charge from battery?

1. Battery life is about 8 hours, which I find to be very good for my needs.
2. The USB is powered and people say external drives work, may have to wait a while for it to be fully recognized
3. No, it charges via a separate 12-volt charging jack, not the USB. If you rigged a 12-volt battery with the correct plug, possibly
4. It does NOT support 3G.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
1. I agree with jpinsl about battery life. I get about 8 hours also, but it depends on how you're using it. Videos and streaming use battery quicker, of course, but I have been very happy with my battery life. Mine charges very quick too.
2. I have no problem using my 500 gig NTFS external hard disk. It works perfectly. Flash drives work great too, and I have a 32 gig micro SD that I'm putting video, music and pictures on and having no problems at all with it.

I have no experience with your other question. I've had mine for a year and still love it. Should get the ICS update real soon and that will make it even better. Good luck with your purchase if you decide to get it.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
One more doubt. Does it support 3G via USB dongles.?

This is not supported by HONEYCOMB and is not the fault of the tablet per say. If you want 3G option best to get the A501.

However 3G support may be supported by the new ICECREAM SANDWICH OS that will be available for the A500 in a few days.

drmadhuks

Apr 19, 2012
Thank you all for the replies....
I hope it supports all 32GB micro sd cards....Does the Class of the card affect card recognition..I hope Sandisk 32gb class 6 will work perfectly with it..

Batchman

May 14, 2011
drmadhuks said:
Thank you all for the replies....
I hope it supports all 32GB micro sd cards....Does the Class of the card affect card recognition..I hope Sandisk 32gb class 6 will work perfectly with it..

The class is important. According to the user manual it should be at least class 4, so a class 6 card should be fine. I have a 32gb Transcend class 4 that works.

drmadhuks

Apr 19, 2012
Sure....I made the payment. Now waiting for delivery...May be tomorrow or the day after..
Thank you guys for the support..

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Sure....I made the payment. Now waiting for delivery...May be tomorrow or the day after..
Thank you guys for the support..

Now comes the toughest part of all...waiting for it to arrive. Congratulations on your purchase!