Acer Iconia Tab A500, need help with wifi connectivity

shanni77

May 31, 2012
I just got an Acer Iconia Tab A500. I've been having problems connecting to the internet. I don't believe there is a problem with my my tablet because I've been able to logon to wifi at various locations. Whenever I am at home I am unable to connect. Sometimes it works, others it don't. It will say it's connected and that connection is excellent but when I get on the internet I get the webpage could not be displayed message. I have a laptop as well and I'm able to connect to wifi just fine with it. I don't understand why my tablet is so hit and miss. Do you think there is a weak signal? Maybe a wifi extender would be helpful?? Hoping some of you smart techy people could help me as I'm not all that computer savvy.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

A WiFi extender might help but only if the problem is connecting at a greater distance from the router, which doesn't sound like the problem. Several suggestions. Pull the plug on your router for 30 seconds then plug it back in. Wait 30 seconds and restart your tablet. #2, go to the WiFi settings and long press the connection then try connecting again. #3, it may be a security issue so you can try disabling the security in your router long enough to see if you can connect.

Since you don't have issues connecting off-site the problem is very likely a router config issue.