Adapter to car audio deck

YeeP

Jul 26, 2011
Let's make an assumption that you have a working USB connection (female) in your vehicle that will play music through the deck.

I am considering buying a nook and rooting it because I lost my ipod touch. Being that this was one of the big things I used it for, I want to be able to do it again. Has anyone been able to connect their rooted, or standard android tables to a car audio system?

I see that there are multiple adapter cables available...
G1 Audio Adapters - G1 Headsets - G1 Depot

However I am specifically interested if someone has gotten it to work with the nook.

Thanks for any info you can give!
:)

YeeP

Jul 26, 2011
Ok, my situation may be different than others, but I will put this up here to help anyone in the future. I already have installed the "USA Spec" adapter in my vehicle. It sets it up so you can control your ipod from the factory deck. However, it also has two RCA connections that you can use, but you do loose the ability to control the device. Also, it cannot charge the tablet. However, I suppose you could use this piece, and run a cigarette lighter charger. Here is the setup I know will work, but am hoping someone knows of a single connection available that will charge and play music.

I have a ford F350, so this one is specific to my vehicle.
USA SPEC iPod® Interface Connects your iPod to select Ford factory radios at Crutchfield.com

Then you need the RCA cables
Precision Interface Electronics Mini-to-RCA Cable 6-foot cable — stereo miniplug to dual male RCA plugs at Crutchfield.com

Last edited: