After Honeycomb update tablet loads twice on startup

oletruckdude

Mar 23, 2012
I searched but did not see an answer to this on the forum.
since the honeycomb update my vtab1008 loads upon startup and some of my apps icons are missing. Then after about a minute the screen goes back to loading then all of my apps icons show and all seem to work fine.
Not sure why it's loading twice upon startup. It doesn't do this when awakening from sleep mode, only when starting up.
FYI, B&N Nook and TV Listings are two of the apps not loading at startup, but then show and function after second loading.
Anyone else encountering this issue? Is there a known resolution?
Thank you!

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I have the same problem. It appears to slow to start apps page. The page freezes when I touch it then the thing starts showing the loading thing again. Happens most every time I close it down. If you wait for a while, it will fully load and I think not happen.

Also, remember when you charge the thing it turns on, so if you want to save your battery after a charge be sure to shut it down manually.

oletruckdude

Mar 23, 2012
I think it loads internal memory then loads SD installed apps. Thats what seems to be happening on mine. I suspect the resolution is patience.;)

well I moved all my apps to my 32bg SD card right after the update, so that woud make sense.
still, it's a definate annoyance to have to wait about a minute for the tablet to load twice before I can use it.
Everything else seems tobe working ok at this point.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I am sure it's the SD card loading the second time because my SD card apps don't show up until the second load. For me it's not an issue though since it only takes a second, I have a class 10 card so it boots fast.

Jim

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, this makes sense because the system has to boot, then mount the SD card then update the apps. The simple solution is to place all the apps you actually use on the internal memory then you have them upon boot. Silly games or rarely used apps can go on the SD card. Then by the time you want to use them they have popped up. Besides how often are you shutting all the way down? An occasional reboot is necessary to keep thing running smooth but most of the time you should leave the tablet on and it should make this a non-issue.