Ainol Elf vs. Aurora

scottfish

May 25, 2011
As someone who was all too happy to order a Novo 7 Advanced last year but got caught up in the understocking issue, I have been watching for these two to release.

As someone who owns an iPad and a Kindle Fire (the wife's), I am interested in a knockaround tablet to take anywhere and not worry about bashing a $500+ device when travelling.

I guess my main question to folks who have experienced both is whether or not the Aurora is 20% better since as far as I can tell, it costs 20% more. I know at the end of the day, that extra $36 isn't all that much, but by that argument, I can talk myself into a $400 tablet pretty easily :rolleyes:.

I guess I really want to know if I'll be happy w/ an Elf or if that better screen will have me wishing I blew the extra $$...

ADvaper

Jan 16, 2012
Take Aurora and then you can tell me if the screen is on par with Kindle Fire ;-) Another thing that I'm wondering as well is if Aurora can be fitted in cases/sleeves expecially build for Kindle Fire.

Haven't used Elf, but I happy camper with my brand new Aurora. I guess choosing between Elf/Aurora depends on what you are going to do with it. IPS is propably better for extensive reading oriented activities and Elf is propably good enough " jack of all trades".

clmartin22

Jun 17, 2011
Really want to order the Aurora or maybe the Bmorn V99, let me know if you got it and how it compares with the Kindle Fire. All the videos I have seen on youtube look really good.

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
When I got mu Aurora, I was a bit disappointed....found it to be a bit laggy.

Since then I have installed Nova launcher to replace the stock one and Setcpu, to change the governor from "on demand' to "performance", and now I would say it's perfect.

I used to have an Ipad, and I would say it's as good as that was, screen and responsiveness.

Battery life is not as good, but when it goes low, I charge it....no problem.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
When I got mu Aurora, I was a bit disappointed....found it to be a bit laggy.

Since then I have installed Nova launcher to replace the stock one and Setcpu, to change the governor from "on demand' to "performance", and now I would say it's perfect.

I used to have an Ipad, and I would say it's as good as that was, screen and responsiveness.

Battery life is not as good, but when it goes low, I charge it....no problem.

Good to hear!:D
Now the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora is in stock in our site and special offer for $159.99 only! welcome to order!:)

sidsnow1977

Feb 22, 2012
It was that price on the 16th when it was originally posted! You can't expect people to update threads every time a price changes.

Si

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Has anyone else had a chance to use both? I really want to know if the aurora's IPS is really that much better and worth the extra $30. I've got Verizon's Samsung Fascinate and I'm very happy with it's capacitive screen especially after the gingerbread upgrade! :D

dfasano

Apr 4, 2012
My Elf does the job well. Slightly smaller screen makes for easier portability. If you aren't gonna travel a lot, Aurora. If you are, Elf. The other thing is that the Aurora does lag more than the Elf. But internally, the specs seem to be a photo finish.

showwild

Feb 26, 2012
Try a paladin, we have 3, the only problem I find is getting kids of them so I can have a go !

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Android Tablet Forum

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
If you can afford the aurora get it, if not get elf. The main thing seems to be these days 'if I had only paid that bit more' I think both are good tabs & very capable. I would be happy with either. But for just a little more, should you want to, you can get 9.7" ips tabs with same or better specs. Depends on how portable you want it to be.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet