Ainol NOVO7 Elf Unboxing & Disassembling Details

af2000

Dec 27, 2011
Hi af2000

Thanks for your information about the upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0.
But I would like to know what are the advantages on the upgrade for Ainol Novo7 Basic 3.2 to 4.0. What's the diference? What wil be the beneficts?

Regards
hi, as written above, after upgrading to 4.0,
benefits: these functions working better: Wifi, GMail, Maps, Camera front & rear (inc 720 video), Web Browser, English Keyboard, Android Market (you'll have a full access to it), Supplied Games (Angry Birds & Turbo Fly), HTML 5 iPad browsing mode.
but there are still some known issues: Not Working: Adobe Flash, Google Calendar (seems to be a problem with authenticating more than one application to a single Gmail account).

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi af2000

I intend to by a 32GB SDHC card to my Ainol Novo7 3.2 Honeycomb.
Please inform what kind of Class SDHC do you recommend. Class 4, 6 or 10?

Regards
Jota

I can help you.
Our recommendation would be to go Class 4.
There is a speed restraint (sort of a limiter) between the MicroSD transfer rate and the speed of the system itself.
Spending the money on a premium Class 10 card would be a waste unless the card was going to be used for other things that can make use of the additional speed.
It has been a while since I checked into the matter, but I seem to remember the theoretical speed cap between the card and the system / OS as being somewhere between class 4 and Class 6 speeds and that using a Class 4 would get the max out of the card. (And your dollar)

Good luck!

JotaSilva

Jan 29, 2012
Hi af2000

I can's put the the signal of the Novo7 Basic to the television with HDMI cable.
What do you recommend to put it working?

Regards

Jul 17, 2012
Hi.

Thanx for the dissembly, gave me confidence to take apart my ELF.

I've got a cracked touchscreen (nephew dropped it) and have recieved my replacement. The problem with the Elf is that the touchscreen is glued/adhered to the front plastic panel that holds the LCD screen.

Now two questions:

1: Whats the best product to remove the touchscreen without damaging the plastic frame.

2: Whats the best product to glue in the new screen.

I'm an absolute novice but I'm generally pretty quick on the uptake with electronics. I'm this far in and want to complete the job myself.

If this isn't the correct place to post could you also direct me to the right one :)

Thanx, pix. $SAM_0233.JPG$SAM_0234.JPG$SAM_0235.JPG$SAM_0236.JPG$SAM_0238.JPG