Aishuo S2 - to buy or not to buy?

Joker28

Oct 23, 2011
Hello everyone,
i'm looking for my first tablet - and the one i've choosed is a new Aishuo S2
China Online Shop 24 Aishuo S2 (China TPad) 8 inch 10 Point Touch Capacitive Screen 1024*768 Android 2.3 SAMSUNG S5PV210 CortexTM-A8 1.2GHz SGX540 WIFI HDMI Bluetooth Camera Tablet PC

I would really appreciate if you could help mi a bit with my questions:

1. Has anyone bought - and what is the impression?
2. Does it have an internal Bluetooth?
3. Does it have an aluminium alloy case?
4. Does it have an internal Bluetooth?
5. How Aishuo supports software and where can i download new firmware for it?
6. Cause i 'm really looking forward to buy it - where would you advice to do it for a less price?
7. Would it be possible to install Android 3.0 on it later?

If you think it's not a wright choice - please tell me

Joker28

Oct 23, 2011
Dear up4sd,
i live in Russia - so free DHL - it's not for us :) It woiuld be a dream :)
I will really wait for your review.

How you can find the new firmware there Shenzhen Benya Electronic Co.,LTD -http://www.aishuomid.com ? It's only got 2 files? :)

I get the same one on Mcbub @$226, and i get my tablet in 5 days later, about your questions,here we go:

First impression is Solid,better a lot than the A816 i own before, screen is really sensitive than my A816,i will post more reviews later when i give it a deep research.lol

1 it is built in bluetooth;
2 it is not aluminium alloy case;
3 i usually download the firmware from www.aishuomid.com;
4 compare the price,i think $226.99 Free DHL shipping is a better price than yours link. :)
5 about android 3.0,i think it can't, mcbub tell me they will inform me once it can. so i will wait.

djvantri

Oct 24, 2011
up4sd, where are you located that you got it so fast?
I am in Canada and am thinking about this tablet.

Does it have wireless n? the specifications say no, but on another site
it said b/n/g
also how sturdy does the case feel? does it feel cheap like a lot of the MIDs?
I've heard before that Aishuo are pretty good quality in comparison to some others.
I will also wait for your more in depth review.

Thanks,
Dave

joycebetter

Oct 9, 2011
Hi Joker 28, Aishuo tablets are known with good quality. Pls do not worry about. I ONLY know Aishuo 820 owns good quality and good handfeeling. And the price is not expensive. I just occasionally got one website Chinahotgoods.com is a wholesale and dropship supplier for tablet pc in China. You can check it. They also supply Aishuo S2 at $200.99 with free shipping. Hope it can help.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I get the same one on Mcbub @$226, and i get my tablet in 5 days later, about your questions,here we go:

First impression is Solid,better a lot than the A816 i own before, screen is really sensitive than my A816,i will post more reviews later when i give it a deep research.lol

1 it is built in bluetooth;
2 it is not aluminium alloy case;
3 i usually download the firmware from www.aishuomid.com;
4 compare the price,i think $226.99 Free DHL shipping is a better price than yours link. :)
5 about android 3.0,i think it can't, mcbub tell me they will inform me once it can. so i will wait.

Please. I have some questions.
1. Is it easily viewed from wide angles when in normal room?
2. Is image quality as good as IPS ?
3. Is screen glass or plastic?
4. Does your UI look like the one in McBub's video ..floating leaves and such?
5. Does it have free Android market?

Thank you.

Last edited:

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Just about decided to go with the S2 1024x768 version.

I almost bought the Onda Vi30 ...got scared off by a bad report at teh last minute. The S2 platform should be stable, well built and less trouble.

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Hello from Finland,

I have right beside me S2 1024x768 tablet. Ordered from McBub, received this tuesday, and now I'm emailing with tech support back and forth every day...Luckily they have very good customer service.

Tablet boots up to Anroid, by eye everything seems ok, but with finger things are not so good. Screen or "sof button" don't response at all. Now I'm waiting software solution from McBub, at this point I'm optimistic that this is firm(soft)ware related.

I just mailed picture of the "earthscreen" which is shown during startup, in McBub's website it's fullscreen, in my tablet it's not.

Strange thing is that there is nothing about S2 in --????-http://www.aishuomid.com, or °®Ë¶Æ½°å¹Ù·½ÂÛ̳,A815 A816 A820 A7 A7+ S1 S2 T7 T8 T9 Aishuo flash firmware BBS - Powered by Discuz! (which is in chinese, with babelfish readable). Is this so new that very little info can be found at all.

I'll keep posting how things proceed, really hoping that this is not hardware malfunction. Way too expensive to send back to McBub.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Hello from Finland,

I have right beside me S2 1024x768 tablet. Ordered from McBub, received this tuesday, and now I'm emailing with tech support back and forth every day...Luckily they have very good customer service.

Tablet boots up to Anroid, by eye everything seems ok, but with finger things are not so good. Screen or "sof button" don't response at all. Now I'm waiting software solution from McBub, at this point I'm optimistic that this is firm(soft)ware related.

I just mailed picture of the "earthscreen" which is shown during startup, in McBub's website it's fullscreen, in my tablet it's not.

Strange thing is that there is nothing about S2 in --????-http://www.aishuomid.com, or °®Ë¶Æ½°å¹Ù·½ÂÛ̳,A815 A816 A820 A7 A7+ S1 S2 T7 T8 T9 Aishuo flash firmware BBS - Powered by Discuz! (which is in chinese, with babelfish readable). Is this so new that very little info can be found at all.

I'll keep posting how things proceed, really hoping that this is not hardware malfunction. Way too expensive to send back to McBub.

It is new in two primary ways that I can see.
l. screen
2. able to update to ICS.

That is the two major things that I read about it in McBub Insider. I would bet there is more.

There seems to be a lot of attention now to newer cpu's, especially the AllWinner A10 ..also the RK2918. Pretty sure the Samsung S5PV210 in the S2 has been in use for a long time now, and are in many "established" Samsung tablets ...so I think Aishuo chose to stay with a tried and true (mature) cpu, while adding the new screen and the ability to go OCS.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved easily, and will not be the norm.

I sure hope not. Mine is on the way ! :)

I bought from McBub too. They had the best price with shipping, seemed to be reputable ..and they used Paypal. The other option I had was
Aliexpress below. They show free return is needed, but I don't think they use Paypal.

(sorry ..can't get the link to work ..it is on aliexpress com if one wants to go look.)

Last edited:

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Hello from Finland,

MiXu
Did you ever get the S2 straightened out?

When and if you do ..I am sure many would love to know your impressions ..
>on the build
>on the speed
>on how easy or not it is to use
>on the screen. Being a new 10 point touch I am hoping it is a stellar performer w/ great colors and viewing angles.

:)

Last edited:

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
No, still waiting solution from Mcbub. And as I promised in the first message, I'll post updates when I have something to tell. Good or bad...

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
The S2 is on it's way to me. Should have a report by the 12th.

If anyone wants to gives info on posting a video here, I am open to help ...as that is my plan.

Is it all done on Youtube, and then linked?

Thanks

Last edited:

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Now I have update files from McBub, there is three folders
META-INF
RECOVERY
SYSTEM
and file system.img.

Now my problem is that since "soft buttons" don't work, I can't boot to recovery mode. Tablet won't boot from SD card with those files unzipped to card. Or with one zip file those in it. I believe there should be some script which triggers update...? I see card mounting in tablet, but I can't access it in any way...So my only option is update with PC and USB. I have no idea how to do that.

I really don't want to mess things even more by mixing those files with other models update package. But if someone knows how to go on, please tell me. McBub is trying to help me, but seems to be hard to them as well.

How do I flash this thing...?!

- MiXu

Last edited:

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Usually there is a text file in a folder with the steps needed to take. Hopefully all this is in a language you can read.

I am just hoping that mine will be OK when it arrives (should be tomorrow or Friday) ..but if not I will give it a shot with McBub help ..but then just send it back.

I wish you well.

Edit / Update:
DHL called today ...today is delivery. That is amazing. Shipped from SHENZHEN on the 5th, arriving on the 7th. I am sure time change must help, but that is fast !
I guess I will know soon if I am OK or not. :confused:

Last edited:

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
I do know something about Android devices, I've rooted my ZTE Blade and Samsung Galaxy W, so basic things are familiar. But, problem is those damn non working buttons, even McBub video shows how to update by booting to recovery. And to do that U have to press power and one of soft keys during startup. Still they offer me that solution...!

I have Droid explorer in my laptop, device is recognized, but no folders are visible. Using adb method is something I've studying, I can see tablet also with that, but still trying to figure how to flash from PC/usb. I've found zip file to A816 which includes .bat script to flash from PC, but not sure what files needs to replaced to get it working with S2.

Let's see what McBub offers next...or someone besides You and me who reads this.