All New 8 Inch Ainol Spider Tablet!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Here are the specs!

Android 4.1 Tablet PC "Spider" - 8 Inch IPS Screen Dual Core 1.6GHz Bluetooth 16GB
[h=3]Manufacturer Specifications:[/h] OS: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
CPU: Rockchip3066 Dual Core 1.6GHz
GPU: Quad Core Mali 400*4
Processor Speed: 1.6GHz
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Screen Size: 8 Inch
Visible Angle: 178°
Screen Type: IPS 5 point Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen
Input/Output: 2 MICRO USB 1 TF cardreader 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, DC-in jack, HDMI
raphics system Mali-400 3D OPNE GL VE 2.0/O Ports 2 MICRO USB
Color: Black
Mini HDMI:Support HDMI 1.4
Bluetooth
Wireless Connection: WiFi
Wireless Protocol: WiFi 802.11n
3G: Not Supported
Proximity sensor: yes
Gravity sensor: yes
Gyroscope sensor: yes
Light sensor: yes
Linear acceleration sensor: yes
Screen Resolution: 1024x768
Camera: Front Camera 0.3M
Skype Yes
Android Market: Yes
Built-in Speaker and Mic
Hard Drive Type: FLASH 16GB
Flash : Support Flash 11.0
External Memory: Micro SD Card (up to 32GB) - Not included
Battery / Run Time : 8 hours for playing music, 4 hours for playing video
Power Device Type: AC adapter v- Voltage required: 100V - 240V
Battery Type: 4000mAh Rechargeable Battery
Input / Output Connectors
2 Micro USB Ports USB/Host
Micro SD Card Slot
3.5 mm audio out port
Mic
Speaker
Weight: 390g
Dimensions: 195*154*8.9 mm
Certification: CE, FCC, RoHS
[h=3]Package Contents:[/h] 8 Inch IPS Tablet
Power Adapter
USB Cable
Manual

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Looks like a lot of tablet for the money, AND I kind of like the name.:cool:

DJ73

Nov 8, 2012
Hi There,

Can I ask who you ordered from? I can only see it available from Ainol-Novo.com so am wondering if it's on general release yet or if these seem to have an early batch.

Also have you received it yet? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Looks like a lot of tablet for the money, AND I kind of like the name.:cool:

Hehe it seems like it will be pretty nice!

Hi There,

Can I ask who you ordered from? I can only see it available from Ainol-Novo.com so am wondering if it's on general release yet or if these seem to have an early batch.

Also have you received it yet? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

I have not attained it yet, its for my wife really as a replacement/upgrade from her older tablet, I opt'd into this one for her because rockchip has better performance then the amlogic set right now :(

I will let you all know when it arrives

I also purchased mine directly from a friend at ainol who managed to get me on a priority list "_" guess they think I'm going to dev on this?

DJ73

Nov 8, 2012
Hey, Thanks for the info Trajidy.
I'm planning on buying an 8" tablet for someone for Christmas. Given you seem to be an expert in these things :) ...... Are there any of the spider's rivals you'd recommend?
I've been looking at what I presume are the usual suspects.....Onda V802/V811 Ampe A85 (Deluxe) Yundao (Window) N80 Pipo S2 ......
They all seem to have broadly the same spec's (diff screens / cameras in some) and prices. Any thoughts or advice for a confused novice?
Should I wait until the Spider appears on general sale (presuming that'll happen before Christmas)?

Thanks again for your input.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hey, Thanks for the info Trajidy.
I'm planning on buying an 8" tablet for someone for Christmas. Given you seem to be an expert in these things :) ...... Are there any of the spider's rivals you'd recommend?
I've been looking at what I presume are the usual suspects.....Onda V802/V811 Ampe A85 (Deluxe) Yundao (Window) N80 Pipo S2 ......
They all seem to have broadly the same spec's (diff screens / cameras in some) and prices. Any thoughts or advice for a confused novice?
Should I wait until the Spider appears on general sale (presuming that'll happen before Christmas)?

Thanks again for your input.

To be honest the spider has nothing that stands out to me directly except that its a 8" version of the RK3066 you could check out some for like $100-$110 same specs except 7" and a non IPS screen.

I however am not familar with many other 8" devices except a cube that my friend owns it has severe hdmi issues with audio..

And on that note HDMI out has audio delay on the 3066 SoC it can be corrected with custom audio skewing but gosh thats alot of trouble for a fix that can be applied at the driver level!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I was just refunded can't wait any longer for this to ship, going with another vendor for the RK3066 now.

Fastjack

Nov 13, 2012
I am new to this site, so first a warm "Hi all" from me, I guess.

I ordered this tablet last friday and got shipped a tablet today.
Packing Slip says it's the spider but case, package, about screen and Atutu benchmark say it's a Ployer MOMO8.

The specs are the same so nothing that would bother me (I didn't buy it for it's brand, anyway).

Even with english language setting a few things (ie in the settings menue) are still chinese.... don't know if this is normal (my first tablet).

Fastjack

Nov 13, 2012
Hello again.

I am not quite sure about the rules regarding double posts on this site, but since Tradigy has done this (good for me, or else this thread would be fairly empty), I thought I could give it a try :)

So, after a few hours of usage/testing here is a bit more information about the device:
- as I mentioned I ordered the Ainol Novo Spider (directly on Ainol Novo website!), but received the Ployer MOMO8... official specs from both web sites are the same, as are most of the pictures used on their sites (and the site layouts are equal as well), so I guess it's ok to post this further information in the Ainol Novo subsection of this forum. Best guess is that both companies are the same.
- "About tablet" in the settings shows the following information:
- Model number: MOMO8
- Android Version: 4.1.1
- Kernel version: 3.0.8+ root@dont-GA-870A-UD3#256
- Build number: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00
- AnTuTu Benchmark Score: 7851
- Quadrant Standard Benchmark Score: 4046

My first impression: That is really a hard one for me, as this is my first Android tablet. I am really happy with it, so far.
No pixel errors that I would have noticed, responsiveness of the screen is good and has no "blind spots" (ie in the corners).
Only thing I found negative up until now, is that it does not charge through USB.

Please let me know if you'd like to know more or some kind of tests I could do to provide you with more information.

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Ployer is a solid company, the momo is a nice tablet hows the screen?

Fastjack

Nov 13, 2012
Hi Tragidy,

as you already mentioned in the specs for the Spider, it's a 1024x768 8" IPS Screen with 5 point multi-touch.
Regarding the brighness the lowest setting is enough for an late evening on the couch, during daylight I put it on medium.
Haven't tested it in full sunlight yet, because there isn't much sunlight that isn't blocked by clouds at the moment.