Allow Hiapad M7 Android tablet use samsung f480i internet via bluetooth connection?

P

paul_nicholls

Hi all,
I have a Hiapad M7 Android tablet (Android 2.3.1 or similar) that can use a DLink DBT-122 bluetooth USB dongle, and I have a Samsung F480i mobile phone (has bluetooth).
I can pair up the two devices ok, and I was now wondering if it might be possible to use the F480i's internet (GPRS?) via the bluetooth connection?
Apparently I think I can do that as a dialup connection if I pair my laptop and the phone with the bluetooth dongle (not sure how), but I was wondering if this is possible with the tablet and phone...

PS. if you don't know, my Samsung F480i IS NOT an Android phone, if this helps LOL

cheers,
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paul_nicholls

Anyone have any ideas, or isn't this possible?

Today I was even able to use a bluetooth headset with my Hiapad, so I am still hopeful that maybe I can use my Samsung's bluetooth dial-up internet too :)

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
Hi Paul,

Have you done anything special to make the DBT-122 working with your Hiapad or was it plug and play?

Thanks,
Pierre

P

paul_nicholls

Hi Paul,

Have you done anything special to make the DBT-122 working with your Hiapad or was it plug and play?

Thanks,
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
the DBT-122 just seemed to work out of the box with my 2.3.x version of firmware so that is great :)

I have since found that the firmware for the Hiapad M7 doesn't support using bluetooth internet via a phone at this time, but I have used the bluetooth with other stuff, and it even might work with an externa GPS unit too...

cheers,
Paul