Allwinner A13/Problem with Rooting/Problem with Creating VPN Connection

Snotmann

Jun 25, 2012
Hello together,

i bought a Allwinner A13. Now im trying to create a VPN connection via PSK and xauth, the problem is that my tablet isnt able to create a tun interface, maybe because i got no root rights.
So is there a possibility to keep this working. I need the VPN function of my pad, because i have to work remotly on machines in our company ...

A further question is: Is there a possibility to get updates for this pad, or maybe flash a cyanogenmod ?

Here is the pad so far:
http://www.mcbub.com/item/7-Inch-Al...e-screen-WIFI-Camera-Black--CP147739--147995/

Many thanks in forward,

Snot

Last edited by a moderator:

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
HI snot:

This MCPAD F1 tablet is already rooted, about the VPN problem you are talking, i just test with my VPN account,and it can work.

my method is:

click setting' ---"more" ---"vpn"---"add VPN network"

set VPN name
SET SERVER ADDRESS
type: PPTP
and then click save

then enter your VPN user name and psw to use VPN service.

about the firmware update, we already get the original firmware for this tablet, and we are uploading the firmware to internet,and will share the download link,also we make a video for how to flash the firmware, here is the video link:

once the file finish upload, i will share the firmware download link.

good luck,guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Snotmann

Jun 25, 2012
Hey McBub,

thank you very much for your quick reply.
At work i use a IPSec with XAuth so PPTP isn't working for me. I tried already via terminal emulator to create a vpn, but linux told me that i have not enought persmissions to do that -.-
Thats why i ask for a rooted firmware or somethink like that.

Looking forward to hear from you McBub :)

Thanks alot !

Snotmann

Jun 25, 2012
Hello agian,

so i do the upgrade but the failure is still there... The tun module is missing and so linux cant create a vpn connection -.-

Failure:

Error on establish
Cannot create interface

Possible reason: invalid server parameter or TUN device unavalible

Before that i see in the log that i get a gateway a IP and that my login is correct ...

dhnonline

Jun 30, 2012
Hi guys

you can go to this site to download the F1 firmware:

Download Q8A13_51324.zip for free on uploading.com

and the update method is still in this file, just download the file, and decompress the file, and you will find the update firmware,update instruction,and update tools.

any questions,please feel free to post here.

mcbub.com

I flashed my MCPAD F1 with the above firmware . .. and all I get is Chinese characters. Do you have the original firmware so can reflash it back to factory default. I need it to be display english. thix

dhnonline

Jun 30, 2012
I flashed my MCPAD F1 with the above firmware . .. and all I get is Chinese characters. Do you have the original firmware so can reflash it back to factory default. I need it to be display english. thix

Update: I am able to resolve the Language problems by following this video posted by Mcbub.com (thx).

But I still have one more issue after the firmware update. Since the update.. the screen is skewl about 1/2 inch to the right of the device. See attached picture. The area highlighted in yellow is unusable. Do you have a solution for this problem. I tried reflashing the firmware several times, but still have the same problem. All the icons are also misaligned. Second picture show my finger on the 'lower volume" icon but the "increase volume" icon were activated.

$2012-06-30 20.42.11.jpg$2012-06-30 21.14.31.jpg

Last edited:

Snotmann

Jun 25, 2012
Hey McBub,

this rom is totally unusuable because the screen fits not with the resolution of the screen.
All is moved a littlebit to the left, so that the picture is cutted there ...

The launcher crashed instantly after boot ... you can see the problem here:
http://www7.pic-upload.de/03.07.12/umq77ts6l2t.jpg$umq77ts6l2t.jpg

Thanks a lot for that try and for your help anyway :)

Last edited:

jeromeof

Jun 23, 2012
Guys,
Any way to load up this new Firmware on a Mac? All these instructions seem to be for Windows?

Thanks

shqarok

Feb 22, 2011
Hi guys
need your help
cant reinstall firmware (have black screen after booting)
device list is empty
installing firmware not starting(((

halmoos

Jul 30, 2012
I had a problem with my A13 described in this thread : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...zes-suddenly-while-working-what-solution.html

which is shortly that my device freezes (hangs e.g: have no response) suddenly while working without any reason

I tried to upgrade the firmware Download Q8A13_51324_new.rar for free on uploading.com uploaded by "MCBUB.COM" but I had the same problem of "Snotmann" that the screen is left shifted

so I tried to install the first one : Download Q8A13_51324.zip for free on uploading.com uploaded by "MCBUB.COM" at first of this thread and it worked well, but also the freezing (hanging) still happens

what is the solution please? Can hardware problem be a reason?

Thanks

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi halmoos:

sorry to hear your problem. you have installed the lastest firmware? please tell us what is the firmware version do you have? it is android 4.0.3 or android 4.0.4?

also please don't forget to forward the email to our customer service staff,they will try their best to help.

thanks