"Alt-Enter" equivalent?

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Is there an alt-enter equivalent when using the NC? If I'm surfing and I see a mail notification its easy enough to check the mail by tapping the notification. But now, if I want to go back to the browser I have to go back to the home screen (the n key) and reopen my browser. This seems a "clunky" way of doing it.

Redhawk

Feb 7, 2011
The back arrow works in many cases. Just back arrow out of you email and you should find youself in the browser or whatever app you were in.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color using Android Forum App

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
if you have tt.rc2 or nightly 37 on cm7, all you have to do is long press the home soft key an your last 8 tasks are displayed - easy to switch between them

The back arrow works in many cases. Just back arrow out of you email and you should find youself in the browser or whatever app you were in.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color using Android Forum App

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Last edited:

rytyshy

Dec 21, 2010
You can do it with just a rooted nook if you set up SoftKeys properly. I am assuming you used AutoNooter, which I am pretty sure installs SoftKeys automatically. Go into the SoftKeys settings and change what the long press home does. Its been awhile since I set that up, so I don't remember the exact menus.

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
can't you just tap the gmail notification in the task bar, tap the displayed message and won't that open the gmail application?

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Yup, sure can. It's the going back to the browser that's the issue.

Thanks for the replies team. I do have Softkeys installed so I'll have a look at that.