Amazon appstore

ThatBloke

Sep 9, 2012
Hi People

Completely new to this tablet lark and despite owning an android phone im completely in the dark over the ins and outs of it.

From what I understand it is better to have the Amazon Appstore than use this GetJar.

How do i get this Amazon app ? Dumb question i know but completely new to this.

Another quick question is to do with playing films/movies.
Now I bought this bit of kit so my little lad can watch his Toy Story films and monsters inc etc etc.
Can someone advise me on how to make the films smaller to put on the tablet but still have a good quality pic. In other words what should I convert with and what into ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This link may help with getting started with Amazon (you should be able to get the app from there but you would need to follow the instructions for getting your tablet to allow the install of the app). The benefit of Amazon is the categories and easy of finding what you need and they also have a free app of the day which are frequently pretty good and can save you some cash.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391&ref=sv_mas_6

Not everyone can get the Amazon app which is where GetJar comes into play for the most part.

As for playing movies. My suggestion would be to get DVD Catalyst from here and run it on any movies you want to watch with settings that appear to be close to the presets that would suit your tablet. DVDCatalyst has a sub forum here with great help when you need it. The program runs on your PC and is $10 US but worth every penny.

ThatBloke

Sep 9, 2012
Thanks for the reply fella

I sussed the Amazon app. Managed to get the opera browser :cool:

As for that DVDCatalyst. Are you saying with that you can open a film say a high quality HD and converts it to the next best thing for a tablet ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As for that DVDCatalyst. Are you saying with that you can open a film say a high quality HD and converts it to the next best thing for a tablet ?

That's pretty much it. Any movies you have as files or have ripped from DVDs can be converted to an optimal format for just about any tablet. There are a bunch of presets for tablets and various qualities of the movies.