Amazon Unbox Movies/Videos on the NookColor??

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
I have been searching on this for a while and don't see an answer so figured I would post it here.

With the Amazon download/streaming video service there is the option to download a 'portable' version of the video/movie/tv show so what on a "playsforsure" compatible device. Android doesn't appear to be 100% compatible but I have seen blogs/threads where many folks on Android phones got this to work just fine. Plays for sure is the Microsoft DRM I believe (thought it went away?) so I think the file from Amazon is a WMV file.

The Amazon service is nice as you can download rentals or purchases to watch while offline (which is great for planes, and locations where you don't have WiFi connection). This appears to be great option for our NC's, but can't seem to figure out if this can be done for sure. I have to assume someone with a NC has tried it so hoping to hear from those folks.

I may try it myself as I have a long trip coming up and will post back, but did want to ping the group to see if anyone else had some experience or thoughts on this.

Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good question. I think I got a portable version of Inception when I purchased the Bluray from Amazon. I'll have to look into that.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I wish it could but they have a pretty limited list of devices it works on. I don't think the Nook is one of them. I haven't tried it yet though.