haggishead

Jul 23, 2012
Hi There,

Just thought id say hi,

I wonder if im posting this plea in the right place or need to post elsewhere,

Just bought an Ampe A10 and its running Android 4.0.3,
just got it today and thought it had enough spec to do everything,
being a tablet Virgin maybye i have go the above wrong for the reasons,
i have downloaded BBCi Player to play the uk tv on demand service and it says " sorry it is not compatable with your device"
so i tried installing ITV Player the other channels on demand service and it has came up with the same, both tell me to check
flash player so i went to adobes web site to update, it says i have flash player ver 11 installed but also says that flash player will not be updated for any android system after ver 4.0, so i dont know if flash player is working or not on my system or is it causing the problem with the tv players ???
but people who have an older tablet have no problem with both the above

also going onto youtube mostly every video you try to watch says " sorry this isnt available for mobile device"
so unless you want to watch lo quality videos, is you tube not an option ??

am i just expecting to much from an android tablet ??

thanks for taking the time to read this and if you can help me id be grateful,before i end up smashing this, lol thanks in advance

James

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello James, congratulations on your new Ampe A10 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
It's a compatibility issue between ICS (Android 4.0) and the apps you are trying to use. Here in the US that was a big problem when ICS first rolled out and it took a long time for the app developers to catch up. The problem is that ICS doesn't have Android market dominance yet and many of the apps work regardless. However, video apps like the one's you are trying to install are different. It took HBO forever (at least it seemed that way) to update their "HBOgo" app to it.

haggishead

Jul 23, 2012
Thanks MA83,

so i take it that the tablets ok,its just a bit ahead of the tv stations, just worried i had bought a donkey,lol, thanks very much for you help,
maybye you can answer another question ? how is it that a tap will play HD etc. and when you go onto Youtube and select most videos in HD it always says "not avaiable for mobile users" and you have to play all the videos in bad quality ???? cheers James

Taaf

Aug 21, 2012
Hi All, i am new to the forum and own 2 of Sanei N10. I was frustrated when the BBC i-Player did not work through app although it was installed. i have figured it out that there is way round to overcome the compatibility issue. As far as i am aware Ampe A10 and Sanei N10 are the same with different brand name. The solution to the problem is that you need to open your browser, click on the three small squares at top right hand corner. from the dropdown menu select settings, on the left hand side of the screen there will be a list of options, select the option "debug", then select browser mode and then select tablet (the dot should appear against tablet option instead of ipad). The BBC i-player app is working fine for Sanei N10 and it does not show incompatibility message. I hope this helps you and others with Sanei N10 or Ampe A10. Enjoy your i-player.