Ampe A90 Touchscreen not working

LocalJ

Jun 28, 2012
Hello. New here , trying to find any help possible. I flashed the wrong firmware on my tab and after i flashed back to proper fw the touchscreen doesnt respond. Can use the tablet with a usb mouse and everything else works great, but without touch its useless really. When i try to flash original fw I get ROOTFS fail. Can anyone help?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hello. New here , trying to find any help possible. I flashed the wrong firmware on my tab and after i flashed back to proper fw the touchscreen doesnt respond. Can use the tablet with a usb mouse and everything else works great, but without touch its useless really. When i try to flash original fw I get ROOTFS fail. Can anyone help?

Which firmware did you flash? There are a couple of them( i believe ainol/onda) out there which update the touchscreen firmwares and if you do not have the same touchscreen will mess it up.

LocalJ

Jun 28, 2012
Which firmware did you flash? There are a couple of them( i believe ainol/onda) out there which update the touchscreen firmwares and if you do not have the same touchscreen will mess it up.

It was the one for their new A10 10" tablet. Android 4.0.4. . My stupid mistake. Once i realized it i tried to flash back to ver 1.1 . But no luck. I dont think it could have messed up the touch controller, its just a fw update. But what i think is that somewhere in the hidden partition for the system the wrong driver is installed thats why i get the ROOTFS FAIL. I dont really know im not a genius with these sort of things. Pretty new to android, just a phone and this tab. If it were windows i could just wipe the whole drive and start from scratch.

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
It was the one for their new A10 10" tablet. Android 4.0.4. . My stupid mistake. Once i realized it i tried to flash back to ver 1.1 . But no luck. I dont think it could have messed up the touch controller, its just a fw update. But what i think is that somewhere in the hidden partition for the system the wrong driver is installed thats why i get the ROOTFS FAIL. I dont really know im not a genius with these sort of things. Pretty new to android, just a phone and this tab. If it were windows i could just wipe the whole drive and start from scratch.

Well. It true. I know of at least two livesuite-based ROM which will write low-level data into the touchscreen firmware but its only certain release. So I do not recommend that anyone trying out that luck in flashing a similar/look alike ROM. In your case though, I guess its a misjudgement.

LocalJ

Jun 28, 2012
Yeah I screwed up. At least its under warranty and i can send it back for a new one. Might be forever to get it back though.