Android 2.2 operating system

Jardineb

Jan 11, 2012
I have a MID Android 2.2 9.7 inch Touch Screen tablet. I have never used it before now so there are no files or software installed other than what was pre-installed by the Manufacturer. When I boot up the tablet:

Press On button and fast release - an unlock screen comes up with a "slide to unlock" function, which does not respond.
Press On button and hold for 2 seconds- System boots up/loads and the Icons appear on screen but there is no functionality except for the Sensor switch from Landscape to Portrait - the system is otherwise frozen and does not respond to touch commands. I also notice that the icons that appear in a sidebar on the right of the screen are duplicated. Is there a way to re-set the system?. Alternatively, would I have to re-load the operating system (Android 2.2 Kernel version 2.6.32 Build v.1.5.2) and if so how do I go about this?
Can anyone help me here!!!!

mstrmstr

Dec 2, 2011
My system is the 7" version. When turning off you should get the options list with "power off" listed (along with sound, hibernate etc.) Do this first- power completely off.
Next press and HOLD power button until system reboots as this is the factory "reset" option. It's in your instructions. Note the unlock slide is touchy - you need to be quick and firm when sliding bar.
Hope your good- anything furthur needed to function gets complicated. Can you return for replacements?

gostavo_12

May 25, 2012
i have andriod os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32.buld number v 1.5.2 i made restor factory data then its froozen
i turn it on it tell me factory data restoring please waiting and its still like that i cant do any thing
plzzz help