Android 3.1 issues

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Android 3.1 finally came out for me today, and this morning I eagerly downloaded it. When I went to install it, I had to download it again, but I didn't care because it was fast anyway. When I went to install, everything seemed right, but when it finally came back on, I went to check under settings to make sure it worked, and found Android 3.0.1... When I went to update it again, it said my device is up to date. Saddened, I thought to factory reset my tablet, so I did. It still won't allow me to update again.. any advice helps, I REALLY want the update :)

Sent from my (3.0.1) A500 using Android Tablet Forum

kes601

May 23, 2011
Check the a500 forum, lots of threads.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Well I just was informed that there was a minor update, and I factory reset my tablet for nothing.. :)
And sorry about that, I thought I had posted it to the A500 forum.. i'm still getting used to the app.

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
You might want to hold off a while and stay with the old version. I updated, and have had a few glitches. Wish I could go back for a while until I see how others report on their experience.

mac4402

May 23, 2011
I flashed a leaked version...worked great. Then flashed a copy of the OTA 3.1. Video playback was good but had problems with wifi, browser lag and overall sluggish performance and many forced closes on apps than previously worked OK.

Reinstalled the leaked 3.1 and I'm a happy camper. I will no longer receive OTA updates from Acer but if they continue to be as buggy as people are reporting, others can have them. It doesn't make sense to fix what's working!

salarri

Jul 8, 2011
After two days of trying everything to fix the problem to connect my acer iconia a 500 to wifi ,and talk with everybody at technical Acer support personal finally i found by myself how to fix it and it is very simple and the best it REALLY WORKS , and here it is : when your tablet it's trying to connect to wifi signal an fall into a loop pinch the reset button an reset the tablet , when the tablet restart , it connects direct to the wifi source and the problem is solve , buala !!!!!!!!!! very simple , and it is all .

Marper

May 16, 2011
This worked for me like a charm. Been having the problem since the upgrade. Thanks Salarri