Android 4.2 Source Code SDK Made Available by Google

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
jbean_srgb.png

Just yesterday we got to share the exciting news that Android 4.2 was heading to the AOSP, and the factory images for the Nexus 4, 10 and 7-HSPA+ were made available. This is obviously awesome news for developers. Late yesterday Google went a step further to help out the devs in the community by making the Android 4.2 source code SDK available.

The SDK has some pretty cool support features. It includes support for the Daydream interactive screen saver mode, new lock screen widgets, multiple user accounts, secondary displays and much more. Also, don't forget that this new version 4.2 of Android also includes a host of cool features as well, like Miracast screen sharing, gesture typing, a new panorama photo feature called Photo Sphere and a quick settings pull-down. Very slick!

Source: Android Developers Blog

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
One of the best features about android 4.2 that I am looking forward to is the multi-user logons. Some folks with the N7's have had a chance to play with it. Some apps don't play well yet, but they are quickly getting them updated for the most part.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't have a need for the multi-user but I think Google Now is pretty awesome :D