Android Applications for Pandigital Novel 7 (White)

john t

Mar 1, 2011
Does anyone have any experience with Pandigital's upgrade for Android applications? Does the installation they offer really void their warranty on the Novel?
Thanks,
john t

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is one of the most popular devices to modify in the US. Let's say you wont be the first...

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Anything from Pandigital now will not bother your warr. from what I've read. Anything not from Pandigital might be a problem.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
any hacking and customizing can void your warranty on any device, so if you want to be super save just dont do it but if you want to unlock the full potential of the device hack it.

john t

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks for the rep[lies; obviously I have voided my warranty! My next question is what ebook reader do you recommend that I download for this device? Thanks.
John

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Readers: Aldiko, FBReader, Barnes and Noble, Kindle should get you started. I liked FBReader but Aldiko is a favorite of many.

john t

Mar 1, 2011
I did hack it with the Android open platform kit; but now I have no clue how to get an ebook reader app back on the PD Novel! Can you please help?
Thanks, john t

john t

Mar 1, 2011
After downloading the Android open platform kit on my PD Novel 7, I am at a loss as to how to get back to an ebook reader function. I would greatly appreciate any instructions how to do!
Thanks, john t

john t

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks, I tried this by downloading to my SD card and placing card in Novel; but I am unable to open or install. Very frustrating. Any other suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i installed a rom on one of them and had no problem installing apps right from the market including aldiko which i have used so my suggestion is flash a new rom

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Did you read/follow the instructions? At what point do you not get the desired result? Are you doing the "press volume up and power key"? If you would give more information it would help others give you an assist.