Android Browser Question

Da5id

Dec 24, 2011
I guess like a lot of people posting questions here, I recently got my first Android device. It comes with a built-in browser. Someplace I found a preferences dialog that let me set the screen to full screen and increase the font size so large that the browser is useless. I have found the screen that lets you adjust browser preferences, but nothing that will undo what I did. I know the Windows OSs very well and I am dual booting it with Ubuntu on one of my PCs so this kind of issue doesn't usually stump me. Any help will be appreciated. Also, Any pointers towards some kind of starting place – Android for Dummies? – Would be helpful. Thanks very much. – Gene

Lenovo K1 10.5" 32 GB with 32 GB SD card
Honeycomb 3.2

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
That is odd, But of course I am using an Asus and not a Lenovo. There are differences. I just to verify changed my perspective and Fonts and went back to the prior version. There are some books which have just come out. BUT, what I saw was these are already date with a focus on Froyo and Gingerbread and not Honeycomb. I assume you were in Browser Settings, Advanced, Text size and set the size to LARGE. Or did you approach it differently. Did you change the Zoom and raise the default zoom from medium to High. More detail will help identify a solution.

As an alternative, you might try using Opera or one of the other browsers. I know that is not a wonderful answer, but without more detail, it is hard to assist

Da5id

Dec 24, 2011
Thank you, gurgle. It seems when I posted this I didn't get any replies. I just found your good response. Yes I did increase the system fonts. Yes I did increase the browser fonts. And I may have put the browser in full screen mode if android supports that in its default browser. Android honeycomb. 3.2. I did download both Opera and Maxthon. Both of those are excellent browsers. my model has 32 GB with a 32 GB SD card, so no worries. Also, I sold his device along with a Lenovo powered dock, the aforesaid class 10 SD card, genuine leather case (it overlapped both cameras and the bevel back/forward touch slider – I don't recommend leather for a case) and 2 hard-to-find unused screen films. Still, I have been using PCs since TRS 80, and I don't like broken things. I should be getting my Visio 8 inch in the mail next week. My Lenovo was just too damn big for this mobility impaired enthusiast. There is already a Visio in the house – I bought one for my sister. She just retired as a systems engineer for California. She does one thing and one thing only on the Visio – play online Texas hold 'em for no money. LOL – at least I got a chance to touch and feel before buying. For myself.

Again, thanks for your response and if I have another question now just PM you. Seriously. Well, after no good responses. :)

Last edited: