Android Illuminate Alpha 2.1 powers off

DnSinSC

Jun 29, 2011
Hey there. I recently installed Android Illuminate Alpha 2.1 on my gtablet and have it up and running. It looks great, it is fast, wifi is fine, the market works great. Everything that I normally use seems to work nice but... :)

When you put it to sleep it will turn off in a few minutes. If I wake it right back up everything is fine. But if it sits there 2 minutes it shuts off and I have to boot it completely back up which takes 2 to 3 minutes.

This is embarrassing. For instance, my wife and I were watching a movie last night and had a question on one of the actors so I grabbed my gtab to look it up, and to show her my new, sleek, fast interface... but it had to boot up again. She reached over and picked up her ipad with instant on and instant off, looked up wikipedia, told me all about it, and put it down... about then my gtab was ready to use.

The interface is great, and it almost works for me, but I really need it to stay on. I use it intermittently through out the day and it seems every time I sit it down it has to boot up again. Help :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of using an ALPHA ROM. I know that this has been reported, and am sure that LBS is working on a fix for it.

DnSinSC

Jun 29, 2011
Yep, so close though... Well, I also tried the 1.9 kernel and it acted the same, so I then wiped and installed Bottle of smoke a6. It acts the same, my gtab just powers off if left sitting for a few minutes 100% of the time using any HC ROM so far I have found. Great ROM minus that.

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
I have noticed this problem myself and only a handful of other users but I am working on this issue by trying to bring the kernel upto date with the honeycomb 3.1 source and framework. There probably won't be a Gtablet update on the 4th. Another one would be released around the 11th hopefully fully functional but that's probably just a dream.