android.process.acore and android.process.media problem

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Hi!
I know this issue isn't new to android users. I've tried the solutions I've found on the net, but I haven't got any great results.
First of all, my tablet is Zenithink C91:
Model Number:
MID reference device (b01ref)
Android Version:
Kernel Version:
root@android #2483
CPU info:
ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)

My Launcher is Go Launcher Ex.

The problem is that my CPU runs almost always at 100% and that's thanks to android.process.acore and android.process.media.
Now, I've tried these solutions: putting a static wallpaper, reseting system to default ('home->preferences->Backup/Restore->Reset to Default'), choosing Pico TTS as the default TTS engine ('Setting->Voice input & output->Text-to-speech settings-> Default Engine' and enabling 'Always use my Settings'), installing another launcher (LauncherPro), uninstalling all the applications I could (I can't seem to uninstall Gmail, Market, Launcher etc.), clearing the data of Contacts,Contacts Storage,Dialer ('Settings->Applications->Mangae applications->All'), clearing the data of Music, Video Player, Images etc. Sometimes, when I clear the data of plenty of things android process.acore goes to 0% usage of CPU - however, android.process.acore (package: com.gau.go.launcherex.zls) isn't the bigger problem (even if it is at 100% the total cpu load could be around 30%) - what's more problematic is android.process.media (package: com.android.providers.drm) - I've found a way to cope with this one - if I kill DRM Protected Content Storage (I've read quite a few things on this one: DRM Protected Content Storage - High Battery Usage - xda-developers , DRM Protected Content Storage eating TONS of data and battery - xda-developers , [Q] DRM protected content storage is crazy - xda-developers), the problem is it starts again, but I guess I'll try using AutoStarts and freeze it with Titanium Backup.
I'd be really grateful if somebody could suggest something about this problem.

Btw, I use Android System Info to check on what's running and my CPU usage, previously I had installed also Watchdog Lite and SeePU.

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Installed ICS on my tablet - no more double android.process.acore at 100% CPU problems for this one. However, I still got problems with android.process.media - which takes a great toll on my CPU - my Total CPU Load is almost always at 100% - I guess the only solution is to kill it with AutoStarter and continue killing it later after it "respawns" (yeah it's totally like some nagging mob in a game) or freezing it with Titanium Backup.
*Update*: Solved the problem with android.process.media - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ny-apps-android-process-media.html#post173023

Last edited:

Tralf

Jan 25, 2012
Installed ICS on my tablet - no more double android.process.acore at 100% CPU problems for this one. However, I still got problems with android.process.media - which takes a great toll on my CPU - my Total CPU Load is almost always at 100% - I guess the only solution is to kill it with AutoStarter and continue killing it later after it "respawns" (yeah it's totally like some nagging mob in a game) or freezing it with Titanium Backup.
*Update*: Solved the problem with android.process.media - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ny-apps-android-process-media.html#post173023

Criver

Thanks for the details on android.process.media. I tried your solution quoted above and it worked fine. I have re-loaded Android 2.3.4 back on my C91 and I found that I too was getting the android.process.acore problem (with it clocking loads of CPU). I did a bit of research and found that others had reported it (not on a C91 though) relating to hanging synchronisations of Contacts and/or Calendar. Sure enough, when I looked at my "Accounts & sync" settings, the synchronisations on my two accounts (GMail and my work-related Exchange e-mail) both seemed to be running continuously (i.e. the circular arrows beside the check-boxes remained on). When I unchecked them for synchronisation, the acore processes stopped clocking high CPU. The processes seem to remain quiet even though I have now turned the sync back on for those items.

However, I do have another problem. I went back to 2.3.4 primarly because I wanted to be able to use the Flash player which is not yet supported on ICS. It works fine everywhere except the BBC iPlayer. On that, I find that every video I try to play is stuttering to the point of being unwatchable. When you were on 2.3.4, did you try iPlayer? If so, what was your experience....did it work OK for you? Is there any other UK-based user who can tell me how they got on with it?

I know the problems I am having with iPlayer are not down to my wi-fi connection, because I can play videos from other sources (including my DLNA server) without any issue. I also know that they are not server-based issues because I can play the same videos from iPlayer on other devices in my house without a problem.

So it looks like this is a specific issue with the C91. All suggestions for what to try to sort it out would be much appreciated.