Android Smartpad w/ OS 2.2 M7007T Series Won't Boot Up

bulbas420

Dec 6, 2011
Hi,
I'm not sure who made this Smartpad or if it is made by smartpad, but it has android os 2.2, WM8650 processor edition V01, and for the back button it has a "Y" on it. When i try to turn my smartpad on it goes to the first screen with an Android man on it and reads the following in the bottom right-hand corner:
Android OS 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32
Build Number V1.2.0
It won't get past this screen. I've tried holding power button, pressing reset button with paperclip, and charging it to its max.
What do I do to get past this screen and use my smartpad again?
FYI, i know little about androids or terms, if it is a complicated road to get this thing to work properly please someone who has time give me directions on how to get this to work.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi bulbas420,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us! I hope someone here has had this experience, if it's a new device it sounds like it is defective, or if you did something to it you need to try a factory reset on it. Did you try to apply an update or something or did it just NEVER work out of the box?

cmeand3

Nov 20, 2012
mine does the exact same thing. Same screen,everything.It doesn't sound like anyone here knows anything about anything.

PuppyLad

Aug 6, 2014
There is a very very small hole in the back of the tablet, near the sd card slot, this is a reset button. Using non metallic, ie: a cocktail stick and insert into hole, there will be a 'click' - hold down the button for 20 seconds and the tablet/pad will reboot. My android smart pad just stopped working and would not reboot, I thought it was dead, but the reset button is the answer. I hope this helps you all.